Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT button in shopping cart for approvers

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I got a requirement to show the edit button for the approvers. If the approvers click on the EDIT button the shopping cart should be in editable mode. I done some coding on the component /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_OIF_CA. I am able to see the EDIT button for the approvers but when i click on the button the shopping cart is not changing to editable mode. Did i miss any config level settings?

Kindly guide me to slove the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For the approvers to edit shopping carts, the approval type in workflow should be set to "Approval with Completion" at the corresponding level. If you wish to make a shopping cart editable for all levels of approval, then all levels of process schema should be of type "Approval with Completion". Please check this setting.

Regards,

Karthik Babu.

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thank you for the response. we are working on Parallel scenario for agent determination. For our case we have kept the decison type only as 3 and 4.  if we keep type as 1 or 2 we can get the edit button. so it will be helpful if i can get some information on how to handle the edit scenario for decision step 3 or 4.

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes. Process Schema step ‘Approval with Completion ‘ is supported for only type 1 and type 2 as you said. If you want to implement completion functionality in type 3 and type 4, I think the development is not simple, as the business object is now split into partial documents. And if you choose step 'Approval' in , then you cannot open document in edit mode even in backend using CLL classes too, unless requester user instantiates the object(sc is recalled in this case).

A solution from me would be to ask the approver to reject the sc items with appropriate comments, so that it goes into inquire state for requester's decision.

Anyhow, lets wait for comments from other SRM experts as well, if they have any views about this. I'll now following this thread.

Regards,

Karthik Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

As you mentioned above, that the EDIT button can be enabled when the user instantiates the object (SC is recalled in this case).

Yes. Process Schema step ‘Approval with Completion ‘ is supported for only type 1 and type 2 as you said. If you want to implement completion functionality in type 3 and type 4, I think the development is not simple, as the business object is now split into partial documents. And if you choose step 'Approval' in , then you cannot open document in edit mode even in backend using CLL classes too, unless requester user instantiates the object(sc is recalled in this case)

Can you please let me know how to achieve this, I have a similar scenario and I dont have an issue if the shopping cart is recalled.

Kindly help me on this.

Thank You.

Regards,
Aakash Awasthi

Answers (0)