cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

liveCache index for /SAPAPO/ORDKEY

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a little bit confused about the LC-related indices. Why can't we find the indices in SE11? I mean, after implementing the BAPI given from NOTE 749824-secondary index on table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY, there's no index can be seen from SE11 but LC10 -> Problem Analysis -> Logs -> Tables/views/Synonyms->index

Is such index which is related to table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY created in the memory but not MaxDB?

Anyone can explain this phenomenon?

Thx in advance.

BRs,

Deacon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I myself figure that out. Welcome someone point it out if something is wrong.

Here is the story:

SE11: we actually can see the table, index, properties etc. regarding the APO DB.

LC10: we can see the table, index, properties etc. regarding the liveCache DB.

APO DB is mostly used as a transcriptional DB, whereas the liveCache DB is used as a BI DB.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you was right, "NOTE 749824-secondary index on table /SAPAPO/ORDKEY" guided you to create the secondary index on the liveCache table //ordkey. The liveCache tables you could display in LC10,

if you have authorization, or using MAXDB studio, sql_connect session

Badi will not create the index on the APO database tables.

Please review the "1677408 - Secondary indexes on liveCache tables", which has an alternative to the BAdI implementation. This functionality available in the later releases.

Also you could monitor in //om13 the OrdkeyIndex Tab for the recommended indexes creation on //ordkey table in liveCache due the longer runtimes. You could see the existed secondary indexes in liveCache on this table as well.

But the statement that "the liveCache DB is used as a BI DB" is incorrect. Please see the definition and documentation on liveCache (SAP liveCache Technology) at MAXDB library

SAP MaxDB - SAP Library

-> Glossary ->liveCache (SAP liveCache Technology)

In case of additional questions => create the SAP message to BC-DB-LCA or BC-DB-LVC components.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina