cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Question 1 - I am fairly new in QM, and am wondering if there are any implication (i.e. negative aspect) when the Result Recording step are entirely skip and go straight towards Usage Decision? Implication in term of business process and system wise.

Question 2 - SAP QM system does not prohibit performing Usage Decision when Result Recording doesn't take place. Is there a way to enforce this?

The reason I am enquiring those questions is that my company QM process does not make Result Recording as compulsory step, but Usage Decision a must step (well, to release the QI stock).

Appreciate.

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor

Though looks simple but very important issue! Your observations are correct. I analyse this as below

1. The flow should be first result recording, then stock posting and then usage decision. (Albeit not defined anywhere so!)
  2. But we observe that SAP allows proceeding for UD even if results have not been recorded or UD can be done if no stocks are posted.

It really depends upon an industry how much importance it gives for result recording. I have seen that it becomes regular practice to give UD without result recording may be because of some dispatch urgencies or the unit doesn’t have enough man power for this work.

Sometimes if your vendor is certified, you don’t waste your time in carrying out result recording, as hardly you find any discrepancies. DMR also falls on the similar lines. Considering such circumstances, the optional entry also sounds ok.

On the other hand in pharmaceutical industry it becomes very essential to record batch wise inspection results to fulfill few norms.

1. So the answer to your first question is, there are no any implications from system point of view if you proceed directly for UD without result recording. And regarding, impact from business process perceptive, I think your organization (or QA dept) is the best judge for this. They have to look from their process point of view and have to decide whether they want such type of mandate or not.
  2. The answer to your 2nd question is yes. There are several ways to put such types of control. You can think of user status profiles. User exit is also a better alternative to establish your own controls. But again I would say you must take in to consideration all your concerned ones, before you put this, as this affects subsequent further processes.

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel ,

Normally system does not stop usage decision without result recording . but here a message is displayed " Inspection Completion forced" and there is no any implications on usage decision , stock posting . In many industries , result recording is mandatory but in some industry , result recording is not mandatory.

Regards,

Sameer

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deniel

Normally system wont stop usage decision with out result recording.But we can achieve this... Please go through below link.

Regards

Kesava