cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC receiver arabic character in oracle db

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a file to jdbc scenario, where a field in the payload has arabic data.. I can see the result in sxmb_moni after successfull mapping..

but the data does not reach the receiver... it shows an error as below

Error while parsing or executing XML-SQL document: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'ABCD' (structure 'STATEMENTNAME'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

However, when I just remove that field , and re send the pauload.. it goes through fine..

ANy idea how to set this right?

Any thign specific to be taken care of when sending special character data to jdbc ?

Regards,

Tauseef

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef

Can you try to execute the same insert statement standalone on DB side, take the values from the AE message content .Alternately you can ask your DB team to do so .

My guess, due to special characters  the statement  is getting terminated earlier , may be a semicolon or something which misleads DB to interpret as end of statement .

Based on the ressult of execution at target Db you will get clear log information to proceed, might need to pass a character set supported for Arabic etc.

Regards

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried the hasquotes and the blog from prateek.. no luck...

anonymizer bean was without error but it sent the data to the oracle db as ??? when i made the encoding to ISO , and with utf it shows same error

Yes they are manually abel to add the data to the db 😞

Can you suggest any ideas /opinions...

has anyone tried tthe blog from prateek for the unicode in oracle db?

I dint quite undertand why the N has to be appended

Any ideas on this pls?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

If you read the SAP JDBC FAQ the hasquot solution is only for MSSQL DB and SAP redirect to consult the DB driver for dealing with unicode. You can try with the SQL_QUERY statement Defining an SQL_QUERY Statement - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library and to the SQL function UNISTR for the unicode character like ORACLE documentation said here Programming with Unicode

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef,

try the modul AF_Modules/XMLAnonymizerBean to set the encoding. Please refer the below discussion

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try using hasQuot attribute for the field and process it to see if that fixes?

http://scn.sap.com/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/04/02/unicode-handling-for-ms-sql-server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried the hasquotes and the blog from prateek.. no luck...

anonymizer bean was without error but it sent the data to the oracle db as ??? when i made the encoding to ISO , and with utf it shows same error

Yes they are manually abel to add the data to the db 😞

Can you suggest any ideas /opinions...

has anyone tried tthe blog from prateek for the unicode in oracle db?

I dint quite undertand why the N has to be appended