Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventive Maintenance Checklist based Equipment Check Point

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our Company carried out preventive maintenance plan in frequency of W/1M/3M/6M/12M.

This preventive maintenance mainly focused on Equipment related  to particular functional location.

i.e. Maintenance department make a PM Notification manually for a particular functional location. This Manual Notification includes all Equipment at that particular functional location. Below is sample notification which raised for FL

For each equipment maintenance personal will check based on defined check point e.g. Cleaned/Insulation/Testing/Greasing etc (This same for Mech. PM Maintenance for all equipment including some specific taks)

Once work done, he will update OK/Not Okie and mentioned if any part is changes and no. of hrs take for these equipment. Than Maintenance department will create a single maintenance order for this work and update total time taken for this entire PM Task with material if any. History of work will be maintained as activities task/long text in PM Order.

I want to do know if -

1. We can defined these check points for each equipment in SAP directly?

2. Than Create a PM Notification for required functional location using PM Plan in SAP and print this PM Notification which will based on above data defined in related equipment?

Let me know in case you can suggest any alternated approach with respect above process,

Regards,

Atul Rajmane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member382397
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Atul,

I got a similar requirement for one of my client. In standard we can not generate operation list in Notification as in Maintenance orders. I have gone through some enhancement with ABAPer. In that, when ever a notification is create through PM plan with task list, all the operations will copy from task list.

Hope it will help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

My client requirement also same as above. They have task list for all their equipment and after every checks they want record their details like ok/not ok and even if some values also.

I am also looking something same like u mentioned above, to go for enhancements in notification so that the task list should be copied in notification and they can enter their recorded details.

Can you give me some tips on how to make this enhancements screen in notification with task list copied with the help of abaper?

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

apart from already appreciated answered, very practical, for daily (& weekly can be considered) check points, you may go with Meas. Point-equipment based-qualitative (OK/Not OK), not going with auto-generation of lot of maint. orders daily. & futher their confirmation also.

same is successfully mapping & executing at our site.

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you provide some more details about the solution which you have implemented using measuring point ? How exactly cycle workes.

Regards,

Atul Rajmane

former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

for daily/weekly meas. points (pm check points), no plan generates. user enters the OK/Not Ok and observations on daily/weekly basis itself. however we have developed a entry screen to fill the mass MP reading easily (shape of excel table) instead of using IK11.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create Equipment Task list in IA01 with reference to Equipment for all the check list you want to perform to Equipment

While creating Maintenance Plan for respective Equipment , maintain the Equipment task list.

System will automatically determine all these activities from task list to Operations tab in Service order

please check and revert

regards,

santosh

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

We are not creating PM Plan based on Equipment but based on Functional location with all his installed equipment.

Please, check above screen sheet. I think you will be more clear with respect to requirement i need.

Regards,

Atul R Rajmane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

If it is a Preventive Maintenance i.e. maintenance done periodically you can trigger a Maintenance Order instead of Notifications.The orders will capture the time required and the parts booked to complete the order. You can use a Strategy based maintenance plan to create orders with multiple maintenance package like Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly,....The orders once generated from the maintenance plans can be confirmed with any messages. If the orders require spare parts, Goods issue with movement type 261 can be done.

Steps:

Create a Strategy with desired packages: IP11

Create a General Task List: IA05

Create Maitnenance ITems: IP04

Create Maintenance Plan: IP42

Schedule Maintenance Plan: IP10

I want to do know if -

1. We can defined these check points for each equipment in SAP directly?

Ans: Yes you can create a General Task List or Equipment Specific Task List

2. Than Create a PM Notification for required functional location using PM Plan in SAP and print this PM Notification which will based on above data defined in related equipment?

Ans: The Maintenance Plan which creates the Maintenence order will have the assigned Maintenance Item with the Task List.

Regards

Sid

atul_rajmane
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sid,

We cant use equipment or functional location task list as number of operation (i.e. inspection check point) copied in maintenance order will be huge. Also,  we are not booking any specific time for each operation, it will difficult task for confirming each and every operation.

As I have attached in above screen shot, I want to generate one PM maintenance notification or order for function location which includes all its installed equipment along with inspection check point. Along with that, I want to define these inspection check point for each installed equipment separately (as certain checkpoint not applicable for particular equipment) and than same print in above format.

Let me know if we can do it same ?

Regards,

Atul R. Rajmane