Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time tables in SAP Solution Manager

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

I heard that there is a possibility to Implement Time tracking or Time registration in SAP Solution manager. Is there a user guide how to implement this or custom coding is needed here?

we would like to use it not only for SAP stuff, but as a main time tracking tool for our company.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mister

If you are comparing it with Time Management of HR etc it is not that strong enough

the purpose of solution manager time management is to track the time spent on Service Tickets/incident etc by the service employee if this is your need then you can implement the same.

you can check links posted above or below standard documentation

Time Recording - Change Request Management - SAP Library

hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks

yes, yes that one. I need some sort of Universal time tracking tool, not only for Incident management, but also for developers, management etc. I heard that there is a tool, which can be used and this one is a part of SAP.

So, then we need to get SAP HR license, not only SAP Solman, correct?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the idea you asked this question because this is something very common but regret currently solman it not supporting that.

there are possibilities like you can use cProjects in Solution Manager with integration to change requests but still the level of time management you are looking can be achieved by SAP ERP modules and not in Solution Manager.

Better go for HCM solution and check if your entire requirement is fulfilled there because with solman you can do something but not full fledged time management process.

i hope above helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check doc and auth. objects http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMAUTH/SM_TIMEREP

BR,

K.