Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW GW Configuration as Hub

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am busy configuring a NW GW 2.0 SP8 Hub on a new installation of SAP NW 740 SR1 ABAP System (installation media including SPS5 already) and I followed the instructions from the document . It seems like the SPRO paths are not up to date. I managed to find most of it in SPRO but there are two I cannot find:

SPRO: SAP NetWeaver -Gateway Configuration - Connection Settings - SAP NetWeaver Gateway to Consumer - Check

bgRFC Configurations

SPRO  SAP NetWeaver -Gateway -Administration -General Settings -Manage GSDO Groups

I checked Generic Channel Configuration - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library  but they are referring to "Former Development" which I cannot find in SPRO.

Could some help me, please? The transaction codes would be sufficient.

Sysinfo:

SAP_BASIS      740 0005

SAP_ABA         740 0005

SAP_GWFND   740 0005

SAP_UI             740 0006

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

The document you are referring is an old one.

May be you could run through your steps against this config doc to see if you have maintained the required SPRO nodes.

Installation Document (Since you are on NW 7.40, SAP_GWFND would have been there already)

Configuration Document (Page 30 - Connection Settings: SAP NetWeaver Gateway to Consumer)

Cheers,

Murali.

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

thank you for the links. I went through the Configuration Guide and the "Former Development" path in SPRO is mentioned but I cannot see it in my system. According to the guide, if you install NW 740 you do not have to add additional software components as everything needed is already included.

This is what it looks like in my system:

Any other idea?

Regards

Andreas

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have not installed a Hub on 7.4 so far. But reading through the documentation, I think its not required. The only core component required is SAP_GWFND (a combination of IW_BEP, GW_CORE, IW_FND, IW_HDB). SAP recommends to use OData Channel as compared to the previous Generic Channel.

In the deployment options, it states the following "If you have previously installed SAP NetWeaver Gateway on a SAP NetWeaver release lower than SAP NetWeaver 7.40 and/or previously created services for the Generic Channel that are still in use, you must install the component IW_FNDGC 100 in systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.40 or higher. You only need to install this component if you have existing Generic Channel services that you want to reuse." Since yours is a fresh installation, it is not required.

Please let me know if you find some other information on this.

Cheers,

Murali.

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

as stated, if you still want to use objects that have been created using the Generic Channel in 7.40 you have to install the (optional) AddOn IW_FNDGC.

See our online documentation for more information here.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/76/08828d832e4aa78748e9f82204a864/frameset.htm

We have moved this outdated components to an optional AddOn so that it can still be used.

However we strongly recommend to go for the development based on the OData Channel.

Best Regards,

Andre

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

that was the answer I was looking for...:-)

Since I am new to the NW Gateway I just wanted to have confirmation that everything is properly installed/configured. Since we start from scratch, we are not going to use the Generic Channel functionality.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Andreas

Answers (0)