cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to return to "edit any field mode"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, please move my topic if I choosed wrong forum-tree.

when users working with transactions which contains lists, I often notice that users suffer on one thing.

For example, he opens T-code (contained lists), for example VA01 and starting to fill it:

everything is fine until user not press "Enter".

When user pressed Enter and he (user) forgot to fill some cells ("Quantity" on the screenshot) SAP immediatly focuses on first blank (but requred) cell.

Please see below:

So now user have to fill first "Order quantity" cell and then press enter, then fill second cell and pres enter and etcetera (they all turned to required).

He can't return to normal edit mode as depicted on first screenshot (all editable fields was enabled).

It is possible to return to normal edit mode? (without exiting from transaction screen of course).

If answer is yes, question is: how? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russian,

this is standard behaviour. System starts checking line item by line item required entries. You can solve this issue by setting a default quantity iby line item category. If quantity 1 by default is ok for you, go can go to VOV7 and tick on order qty = 1. Otherwise you'll have to go for a user exit to set a different value by default.

Regards,

JM