cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Setting in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Could you plz share me more details of the functionalities to have different Calenar in 1 location?

And what's the difference between them and Time stream in transportation lane as well as the calendar assigned to resources?

Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Gavin,

Factory calendar, distinguishes between working days and non-working days.  And assigned to a Location. Based on this overall Planning happens.

Holiday calendar distinguishes working days and public holidays. And Holiday calendar is assigned to a factory calendar.

Time stream: A period of time divided into period types such as weeks or months used as a planning calendar.

These time streams are created from the factory calendar. And, it can be used as a transportation, or warehouse or shipping calendar.

Based on the periods in the time stream  the respected planning has been happened.

Example: You have assigned a factory calendar of 5 days working to the plant, but has assigned time stream of only Friday working in a week for shipping, then it won’t create a shipment on other days excluding Friday, but your production may happen for whole 5 days….

Hope it’ll help you…

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

Thanks for your answer.

Basically I understand what you are saying, my questions are:

1. What's the different functionality of Production Calendar? What's the difference between Production Calendar and Calendar assigned to Resource?

2. What's the functionality of "Receiving Calendar" and "Shipping Calendar"? What's the difference between them and Transportation Calendar in TL?

3. Which Calendar will the safety time calculation respect?

Appreciated if you could share more with me.

Thanks.

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Gavin,

here your answers...

1. Production calendar periods has to matched with the factory calendar periods..

But your resource calendar may be different for different resources; it is assigned as per the availability of that specific machine/labor...

So in case of production planning the system takes Production Calendar into consideration.

In case of capacity planning/ details scheduling the system takes resource calendar into consideration..

If your resource calendar does not have such significant much difference from your factory calendar I suggest using same as production calendar and you can assign different shift sequence and break sequence…

• The shipping calendar used to schedule the goods receipt and GI processing time
  • Transportation time and  the calendar in the  TL are used to schedule shipment duration

Go for the thread more detailed discussion on shipping and transportation calendar

Similarly check the below thread for receiving calendar..

Receiving calendar scenario | SCN

3. I think Every calendar will respect safety time...

Regards

Debashis

Answers (0)