cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple messages ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where the source contains personal as well as academic details of a student. The target should receive personal and academic details as a separate message.

I know that it can be achieved by creating two different target structures , one for academics and other for personal and create corresponding service interfaces. But I don't want to do that way.

I have a single target structure, containing two different nodes, one for personal and one for academic. Can i achieve the same with the single structure ?

Is multi-mapping the key ? If so, how do I achieve it. Please provide a step by step process.

Screenshot of my structures attached.

Ignore the red marks, coz I haven't mapped the fields.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear shankar,

Your requirement is pretty much possible.

In your mapping go to signature tab. Add target message MT_STUDENT_TARGET.change the occurrence to unbounded.

In the first message you disable academics and map the personnel.

For second message you do opposite.

In the operation mapping you are going to need two service interface. So put first service interface which is going to get only personnel details.second for academics.

Both the service interfaces are going to use same message type.

Regards,

Muniyappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Thanks thala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

You can achieve this with simple message mapping and no need for multi mapping in this case.

For your source structure every student should have personal node and academic node so map the student node to both personal and academic node.

Then map the remaining field as per your target structure.

Hope this help

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Will that really create two different messages ?? I guess by your solution, I ll only be having two nodes of data in a single message. I want two DIFFERENT MESSAGES.

The first message should have only Personal data, and the second one should have only Academics data.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The target should receive personal and academic details as a separate message.

I don't think it is possible to create separate messages with a simple mapping.

If you want to receive both the details as separate messages then multi mapping is the only option.

Simple.. add the same interface on the target side twice..

You can find step by step explanation in the below document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

to create two different message you need to create multi mapping. You need to create two target structure (data type, message type and service interface) and use the two message types in message mapping.

Please refer the below links for detail

Designing and Configuring Multi-Mappings - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90dcc6f4-0829-2d10-b0b2-c892473f1...

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

But using the same interface twice means I would be getting the same message structure twice right ??

I want two messages. One having ONLY the personal details, and another having ONLY the academic details.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the info.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just don't create the node. change the occurrence to 0..1 and dont map so that it'll not be created..

and of course you can even create separate structures too