Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitute the default plant with the other plant during availability check

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to discuss a scenario of GATP for location substitution.

Customer – 11, Material – GATP1, Plants – DC1 and DC2,

Stock at plant DC1 for GATP1 = 100

Stock at Plant DC2 for GATP1 = 125.

Plant DC1 is the default plant in the customer master. There is no customer – mat. Info record.

Now in the normal case when the customer is ordering material GATP1, it is supplied from the plant DC1. If the stock is not available in the plant DC1 then location substitution takes place. The balance quantity is supplied from the plant DC2. If there is unconfirmed quantity at DC2 then it comes back as unconfirmed quantity in the plant DC1.

But in a specific case, for a particular order type the supply should be done from the plant DC2 only. The constraints are –

1. There is no change in the default plant setting in the customer master

2. There is stock of GATP1 in the plant DC1

3. I want to avaoid ABAP coding

Do you have come across such scenario where location substitution takes place in spite of unrestricted stock is available in the default supplying plant?

Let me know your views to address the requirement.

Thanks& Regards

Piyush Ranpura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

To the best of my knowledge, you need to go for customized solution ?

What is the reason behind the business requirement that says ship the product from DC2 though there is enough stock in DC1 ? And, what is the challenge from business perspective that made them not to change the default plant as DC2 ?

Babu Kilari

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

The client is having this unique requriement based on certain type of events. These events are captured through specific order types. For these specific order type client wants to monitor entire distribution from only plant. In other words it will be a centralised dispatch from a single plant for the given order type.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush ranpura

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I am not sure if this makes sense. But, just a wild thought and may be you can think in this direction.

1) Try to configure the RBA scenario with bottom up approach in the rule control. So, always location 2 would be considered first for the ATP check

2) As your requirement is to not consider any stock at location 1, any unfulfilled quantity left by location 2 might be fulfilled at location 1 due to bottom up approach and I think you do not want this to happen. In this case, implement a customized solution in APO, ( Function module, /SAPAPO/ATP_Y_SCOPE) and disable all the Scope of check elements for this specific order type. Order type is always available in the field catalog that gets passed from R/3 to APO.

Maintain the above RBA rule for the specific order type that business wants the orders to be fulfilled as mentioned above.

Hope this gives some clue. Sorry, I could not think of anything in standard SAP. Do let me and the forum members know if you could think of any other way to handle this.

Babu Kilari

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush

Its a unique and interesting requirement.

I have not come across such scenario. And I think with the constraints mentioned by you it seems this requirement is difficult to achieve.

Refer this thread for similar query -

Hope this will help.

Thank you,

Satish Waghmare

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karan,

One possible workaround is using Activity for Location Determination. In the 'Activity' you can override checkmode by using another check mode or may be business event, so that another set of Check instruction gets triggered during ATP Check and it fails to confirm the order at default plant(DC1) and then it goes for location substitution (to DC2) confirms the order if the inventory is available.

You will need Condition Table having that particular Order Type for which you need this feature.  Assigned this rule only those required condition records. I believe this should work, please try.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for reply.

I have yet to test the scenario as per your suggestion.

But I feel that it will fail. Because whatever check mode I may override, first it will go to check the default plant maintained in the customer master. By merely overiding the check mode, will it switch to DC2?

As per my understanding, it will switch to DC2 only once there is no stock in DC1.

I will update about my testing result with the work around suggested by you.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ranpura

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush

I had mentioned about Business Event too. If you will override the Business Event (Let us say from A to X), then you will be able to use different Check Control->Scope of Check.

Please think about it.  I am positive it will work

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a good idea .

Babu Kilari

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the interest.

I am definitely going to do the testing as per the work around suggested by you as well as Babu.

I am pretty sure that it will be a good scenario for the SCM APO community.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ranpura

Piyush
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs form the various community memebers.
I have tested the scenarios with the following steps -

1. Created the rule control with the bottom up approach
2. Maintain the activity with the new check instruction during run time. This check istruction was containing the start rule as 'Evaluate rule immediately'.

I was able to replace the DC with bottom up approach and start rule as 'Evaluate rule immediately'. But the constraint is that this is applicable for a specific scenario where my order type is 'Promotion order'.

For standard order my check isntruction has the followings sequence of availability check-
1. Perform basic availability check first at the base location, maintained in the customer master with rule contorl 'work forward from input, cyclic'
2. Perform location substituion for unconfirmed qunatity

So in order to trigger the new check instruction also, I have to fail the confirmation at the base location, maintained in the customer master. Then only I can trigger the RBA with the rule control having bottom up approach and containing new change instruction
in the run time.

Ultimately I have to resort on the ABAP development. I have created the a Z-table[XXXXX] with the following fields -

AUART VWERK WERKS VSTEL

In the user exit MV45AFZZ, I am changing the VBAP-WERKS and VBAP-VSTEL with the XXXXX-WERKS and XXXXX-VSTEL for the Promotion Order. After that system performs the availability check for as per the check instructions maintained for the given combination of product and location. I have to replace VSTEL also as it is not getting updated automatically by changing the WERKS.

Once again the contributions from community members is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Ranpura