Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renumber BOM line items

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a possibility in standard SAP to renumber already existing BOM items (field POSNR)? I have a quite big BOM which has more than 1000 items and the item increment was 10 by creation so after 9990 all items have been created with 0000. Is it possible to renumber them?

Now I set the customizing that the item increment should be 1 but it is only valid for new BOMs because the systems takes always the last BOM item number so for this one still all new items will have the 0000 after reaching 9999.

I have found a function module (FRML546_RENUMBER_POSNR) but my question is that is that possible with e.g. a mass change mode without many user interaction?

I tried CS20 and CEWB but none of them provided the full functionality.

Best regards

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamasz,

I am not aware of a report. But why don't you copy the BOM with the new item number increment (e.g. to a new BOM alternative or other plant or usage), with the indicator "New numbering"activated in the copy pop-up.

Then you delete the old one and copy again.

Should be the fastest way to get things done.

Regards, Ulf.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

thanks for the reply.

Copying BOM will not work as we are using Planning Scopes to update the BOM and routing together and then we should re-create the whole Planning Scope.

Deletion is also not an option as this is a KMAT (Configurable Material) and many material variants are assigned to this one. Also the production orders are based on these variants so deletion is not possible without archiving all transactional data which would be a huge work.

Best regards

Tamas

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

so you used RCA for this? Well, looks like this is too complex of a scenario for a quick fix. Did you do this for multiple BOMs?

Ulf.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

yes, we are using RCA (productive). less than 10 BOMs are impacted out of 50-60 but they are the main product lines. It is not a blocking issue, nice to have for business. Just I wanted to know whether there is any standard tool to do this.

Best regards

Tamas