cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during goods issue-Posting period not open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting an error during goods issue which says posting period not open.I guess that we have had deliveries that were created and in process while crossing over from one financial period to another quite frequently before, but we were still able to goods issue them in the next period. Can anyone tell me why this error happens and if there is any work around for this?

Thanks,

Hari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goods issue takes place, say on a given date and this should be updated, so that the plant valuation changes are recorded. But the periods need to opened to do this. Normally there are two posting periods available, one is in MM, done by t.code MMPV and the other in FI, t.code is OB52.

So, in MMPV we need have the current month as the posting period. But in your case it was allowing, probably because you have marked the indicator " allow posting in previous period " in MMRV t.code as our friend just conveyed.

Hope it helps. Please reward if useful.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Check your MMRV t-code settings. It controls whether posting is allowed to the previous periods.

The 'Allow posting to previous per.' flag should be set in order to post to previous period.

A note of caution if you are doing this in production system as this impacts accounting.

Regards,

Pls reward points if useful