cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Account Determination (Assign G/L Accounts)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am new to SAP SD.  I created billing document it got saved but with the error in account determination. I searched  for this error and solved till Assign G/L accounts in VKOA.

Now my problem is this I dont have any assistance from FICO. and in my server G/L account for my sales org. is not maintained. Please help me what to do??I have taken CAIN as my Charts of Account but dont know how to assign G/L accounts.. Help!!!

Regards

Abdul Wahab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto OBY2 transaction code and search for Company code IN01.

It is the company code which is configured for INDIA.

In OBY2 copy the gl accounts from IN01 company code to your company code, here remove the Test Run check box and execute.

By now the gl accounts should have copied from IN01 to your company code.

Thanks

Prashanth

Also check in OBY2 or OB62 whether you have assigned the COA to your company code.

Post the exact error message you are getting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello prashanth gaddam

I entered T code OBY2 as you said

I entered my Company code: ZACC and Copy from company code : IN01

the following error has come:

Copying is not possible due to existing entries in the target co.cde

Message no. FC024

Diagnosis

There are already table entries which have been overwritten by the selected copy transaction in the target company code.

System Response

The entries which were overwritten by copying are marked with a "-->" in the proposal list.

The copy transaction cannot be carried out.

Procedure

Limit the number of areas to be copied, or first of all delete the entries marked in the proposal list from the tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Alternatively please try FS15 or FS16 transaction codes.

Please ignore if this is an warning message and continue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

In FS16 i am getting error while entering From COMPANY Code: IN01 to ZACC.

Error:

File D:\usr\sap\QTY\SYS\global\FBISG/L could not be opened

Message no. FB002

And in FS15 There are alot of G/l Accounts in various Charts of accounts.. Which G/l accounts do we have to transfer and from which Charts of account???

I mean when I do F4 it shows G/L accounts of CABE (in From Field).

Should I Overwrite my company code to IN01 if it works?? will get copied then from OBY2? directly??

Sorry for the trouble but I got stuck badly..

May be I dont know how to use these T.codes properly please suggest !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must copy the File from servidor PRD to  servidor D:\usr\sap\QTY\SYS\global\FBISG/L.

the path must be D:\usr\sap\ZZZ\SYS\global\FBISG/L where ZZZ is the servidor-name (In Dev).

this copy is realized by the administrator of your system (servidor).

you can use t-code AL11,  path: DIR_GLOBAL, the files ares avalaibles.

Regards,

Vivek Chauhan

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abdul,

If you are practicing, then take a G/L account that is assigned to your chart of accounts, sales organization etc.

The assignment of G/L account is part of SD but creating the account is part of FI.

In real-time, the client would request for posting to happen in a new account, for certain criteria (for specific customer, material etc.)

The new account shall be created by Finance team of business.

Only the account determination part (including VKOA etc.) has to be done by you (SD consultant)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanx for the quick and valuable response.

Yes I am practicing.. Out of all the replies i have come to know that we can not create any G/L accounts as its a part of FI. Now can you tell me will it affect any of my SAP SD practicing somewhere if these accounts are not assigned because right now I dont have assistance from any FICO?? or I can continue my further practicing like exice, batch  etc without any problem??

Regards

Abdul Wahab

Former Member
0 Kudos
TW Typewriter

Sir

You mentioned (If you are practicing, then take a G/L account that is assigned to your chart of accounts, sales organization etc.).

My question is how to find the right G/L account.. Where to go???

chart of Accounts: CAIN

Sales Org : ZSGM

Account Keys : ERS, ERL, MWS

Please suggest because I want to assign G/L accounts in VKOA.

They must be somewhere present.. How to find them.. which G/l account is for which A/cs Key??

Please Help!!!

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you havent created GL accounts you need to do the same first using T-code FS00 along with some FI assistance. Then you need to assign the GL in VKOA.

You can check the report VFX3 for invoices not posted to accounting. Also in VF02 upon trying to release to accounting you can see the missing data which is causing the account determination error.

Thanks,

Ravin

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VKOA you have to maintain

Application = V

Condition type  = KOFI

Chart of accounts = CAIN

Sales organization  = 1000 ( for example)

Accounting Key = ERS or ERF

G/L

regards,

santosh