Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print using different PO forms based on country code

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM   7.01 SP 10    Extended classic scenario

ECC  6.04

We have decided to have a different PO form by company code.   I've done what I think is all of the configuration but it isn't working as expected so I must be missing something but don't know what it is.   This is what I have done:

1)  Transaction BBP_PO_ACTION_DEF   I've taken the Action Profile BBP_PD_PO and added an action definition so I have:

- standard_PO

- z_standard_PO_IN

2)   Under processing types for Z_STANDARD_PO_IN    I have changed the FORM name z_PO_IN

Everything else for this processing type is the same as for standard_PO.

NOTE:  If I change the PO form name in the standard_PO to Z_PO_IN   and test - the PO form will be in the form of Z_PO_IN  

3)  I then go to transaction BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF   so I can set my conditions  I add by new action definition created in #1  and change the form name to Z_PO_IN. 

4) I don't put in a condition because I want to see that it will trigger the correct form but it does not.

It doesn't seem to be paying attention the anything I configure in BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF   - it seems to only be looking at what I've done in BBP_PO_ACTION_DEF   under the STANDARD_PO  action definition.

What am I missing?   How do I get SAP to realize that I want to use a condition? 

Thanks

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

As far as I understand (from older version of SRM), you do not have the flexibility of creating custom action profile. You have to use the standard one. Very often, we control which smartform to use by coding the logics in BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF IF you do not wish to change the smartform assigned in the standard action,

You could also try creating a new action and deactivate the standard action. I have not done this before so cannot be sure whether this will work. Hopefully you can try this out and let us know how it goes.

Regards

SF

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We finally got it to work by using BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF   as it turns out the placement of our assignment was key - when we put the code in the correct place  it all seems to work fine now.

I did check the OSS notes you suggested and they did not fit our situation/solution.  Either the notes did not apply to our system or had already been applied. 

Thank you all for your help.

Sandra

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad that you have a successful outcome!

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We were able to get this to work via configuration EXCEPT for Print Preview capability.   Any thoughts on why it would work for e-mail and print but not Print Preview?   In the final configuration we did not use the new action definition we created - it is possible that worked as well, I just would not have known it since I was testing using the Print Preview capability.

We have also tried to add code to BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF in order to make it switch PO forms based on the country.   What I am seeing in debug is that after this BADI the system goes to FM BBP_OUTPUT_PO_GETDETAIL_SMART and on line 808 it has the following IF statement IF ev_smartform NE iv_smartform is executed.   When we change the form name in the BADI this statement is now false and an error message is thrown.   It looks like iv_smartform is what the system considers to be the default PO form.   So I'm not completely sure how others have gotten this to work using only the BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF.

I can change iv_smartform in an enhancement and also in the badi and it will work but I can't seem to get it to work with just changing the BADI. 

Thoughts?

Sandra

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

For both issues, have you checked SAP notes? You may want to check them out. I found one relating to the second problem. Not sure whether it is relevant as the details talked about Adobe form but the title of the note seems to apply.

1850186 - PO mail message not reading the Smart form name from BADI

1518110 - Custom adobe form is not considered during output

I also saw some notes re Preview but was on other objects (such as auction) but this suggest that there may be an SAP bug.

Also, for this Preview problem, check the Send Medium maintained on each business partner as the smartform is determined based on the medium assigned.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did try to use the BADI to influence the form used but it did not work.   We will try that again.   I'm still not certain why this isn't doable via standard config since it appears that is what the configuration is meant to do.

Here are print screens from our configuration:

Thanks

Sandra

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Yes, though the configuration and its help description suggest the flexibility of creating your own profile, etc, it is in reality not true in the context of SRM. Have a go and let us know whether the BADI works.

Regards

SF

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra

Please can you share some more details .. What did you put as conditions in BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF in Tab " Schedule condition' and ' Start condition "

Also please share screenshot as to where did you do this change ??

"Ithen go to transaction BBP_PO_ACTION_CONF   so I can set my conditions  I add by new action definition created in #1  and change the form name to Z_PO_IN.  "