cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of characteristic is not possible: not in InfoProvider

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to load the planning area from the infocube and I am getting an error message that says, "Selection of characteristic  is not possible: not in InfoProvider." I have verified that all characteristics and key figures in the infocube match the characteristics and key figures in the planning area and Planning object structure. The grouping condition contains the correct characteristics and that characteristic assignments contain the correct characteristics as well. Can someone please tell me how to get pass this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the same error message ,But we have 9AVERSION in Infocube .

Could you please guide if there is any alternate to fix this error .We are in below version of APO .

SCMAPO7130003SAPK-71303INSCMAPO

SCM APO

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

Here is the data I have:

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cuterris,

This makes sense...what you are missing in the infocube YTIC1 is SAP dleivered characteristic 9AVERSION. Please add this to your cube. Probably you will have to delete the contents, add 9AVERSION and set it to constant value= 000. Load the cube and then you should be OK. I am sure you have initialized/created time series for yor Planning Area for Version 000.

Thanks,

Subash

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Curterris,

Your screenshots for infocube shows 9AVERSION is missing.  So I agree with Subhash's input.

Here is a sample screenshot for infocube.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still have not solved this issue.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cuterris,

Does you cube have Infoobject 9AVERION and generally it is mapped to 000 as this is the version which gets data from the infocube for further processing?

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

YTIC1 is the name of my infocube. The Characteristics shown in the Characteristic Assignment screen are the only ones in the info cube.

Thanks,

Curt

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

When I click the link (1009479  - Selection of characteristic 9AVERSION is not possible: Not i ) I get prompted to enter user ID and password so I can not see if it is relavent to my problem.

Thank you,

Curt

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes You need user ID to access SAP Notes.  Please check with your Basis Team and they may help you in this regard.

Also Could you please share screen-print of your error message and Characteristic Assignment.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

here is the screen shot of the error message and characteristic assignment.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Curterris,

Based on your screenshots, things are much clearer now.

ignore <<<The error is generated because you do not have YTIC1(its a technical name) Characteristic in your Infocube structure. I can see Characteristic Assignment do not contain YTIC1, which is correct.>>>ignore

I suggest you to pease check Grouping Condition as well - include only the valid Characteristics(verify technical name) as part of your Grouping Condition and Characteristic Assignment.

Please re-check if these all correct characteristics (YBRAND, YPRODUCT, YREGION, YSALESMAN and YTC) in your infocube.  Do you have any other characteristic as part of your infocube?

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Message was edited by: SATISH WAGHMARE