cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in response time within Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently working on a Personas POC within our Sandbox system (ECC6).

The business scenario I'm looking at involves the following steps:

1. Create a new sales quotation (with reference to master customer contract) - VA21

2. Create a new sales contract (with reference to the saved quotation from previous step) - VA41

Issue:

In Personas (VA21) after entering the master (customer) contract number, select item selection and change qty value of material to required amount and then select copy, we see a delay of a approx 5mins before the screen refresh completes and moves to next screen - Create Quotation Overview.

Same delay is also experienced when we attempt step 2 above.

It took me approx 15mins to complete the task and successfully create the 2 sales docs.

Potential Root Cause:

After some investigation in the back-end, we realised that the "All Items" table within both the sales quotation & contract overview screens is large in size i.e. many columns displayed whether item data is visible or not.

With access to Authorisation Object S_ADMI_FCD & Value: TCTR (Table control settings throughout the system), I was able to mark many of the unwanted columns within the table as invisible and hence reduce the size of the table. Changes are made at Client level rather than at User level.

I then re-ran the scenario in Personas and noticed there was no longer a delay in processing and the system response was exactly as expected (as if I was running directly in the back-end.

It took me less than 2mins to complete the task and successfully create the 2 sales docs.

Note: I tried to configure the table and save changes at User level by creating a variant via table settings, but this did not resolve the issue.

Query:

Unfortuantely we do not want to change table config across Client, as we are only piloting Personas to a small business user group right now.

Another avenue we are exploring is the possibility of creating a new transaction/screen variant and assigning this to a nominated user group but we are not 100% sure this approach will be successful?

Has anyone experienced this type of issue before? If so, what solutions are available?

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just seen this http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2013/12/23/sap-screen-personas-myth-vs-truth--part-8-caching - which at least explains why the problem occurs.

If anyone can add to this, please do so.

Thanks.

Answers (0)