cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding extra field in sender side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In my sender side i already have 10fields and they are getting data from SAP ECC sysstem and

now i want to add one more field to the same structure which would get data from 3rd party system.

can any one give me suggetions for this scenario.

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe srinivas got you. If not please explain about your scenario. You thread description doesn't give much info here.

Regards,

Muniyappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please tell me what more explanation you need.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure you have provided enough details here.else nobody asked you the same.

you have already one interface which has 10 fields. let us say name is MT_ECC.it is getting the data from ECC. say this is one interface.

now you have third party interface which needs one more fields to be added to above structure(MT_ECC). let us say Message type MT_Thirdparty.if you want to add extra field you just have to copy the above structure(MT_ECC) and add one more field and keep it under MT_Thirdparty.

please confirm if this is what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly this is wat i am looking for. But once if i complete the scenario then i will get

back to u on this.

Thanks for ypur suggetions.....

Regards

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this i have to create new communication channels and ICO configuration right......

Regards

Sri

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i hope you have interfaces like this.

1. ECC-->PI-->somesystem1

2. Thirdparty -->PI-->somesystem2.

if your requirement is like this then you need to create

ESR--data types,message typees,services interfaces,message mapping,operation mapping.

ID--communication channels,ICO,(business sytems/component) if needed.

regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one more idea regarding this but i am not clear about that.

can you please elaborate that.

here my idea is by using synchronous proxy i want get the data to that particular field through vendor

number.

can you please help out based on this idea.

Regards

Sri

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still not clear with your requirement.

Are they two separate interface or just one interface?

If it is just one interface, then no need to develop synch interface. As i mentioned earlier make use of JDBC lookup function in the graphical mapping.

Just make a call DB and fetch the addtional field information based on the vendor number and pass it to your target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly in the same way but i dont want to use JDBC lookup

i want to use Synchronous proxy only.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok

Below blog would be helpful in such case

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/SOAP2JDBC/Page1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha

If my understanding is correct you have a structure which needs to be reused for a different scenario.

You are using similar structure (except 2 new fields) and  want to use it to get data from a 3rd party system

If yes , I would advice not to change the common structure as its already used(if changed may lead to proxy inconsistency on ECC side).

So copy the structure with a different name suitable for 3rd party scenario as sender and add new fileds, Create new MT , SI.

If its a complex structure , Export the xsd, add the fields in desired location and then import as external definition or as a new DT.

Regards

Srinivas.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Please provoide more detail about your scenario and the problem.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your third party system?

If it is a webservice then you can make use of soap lookup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

my third party system is some database.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

You need to use JDBC lookup to retrieve the field from data, but still your scenario is not clear. Please provide detail of your scenario to give better input.à

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of the DBLookup function for this.

Using the fields from your ECC structure just make a call to DB and get the extra field that you need and sent it to target.

DBlookup : http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-s...