Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD02 - Restrict Access to Global Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a requirement to restrict the Transaction Code XD02 at Central data (Global Data) F_KNA1_GEN.

The Auth Obj F_KNA1_GEN shall be set to Display (ACTVT 03) for few Account Groups and should be configured for Change (ACTVT 02) for a few Account Groups. This is not possible in SAP with the Auth Obj F_KNA1_GEN.

The Auth Obj F_KNA1_GEN is configured only with ACTVT Field and there is no scope to add/restrict Account Groups (Field KTOKD).

We have created a Z Object with both ACTVT and KTOKD Fields and added it to Tcode XD02 in SU24 and placed the object at a suitable exit through an ABAP Guy.

However, the above scenario is not working as expected.

Please advice if you have come across this scenario and which solution worked.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually the account group auth is deemed sufficient, from your requirements I assume that you are already using F_KNA1_GRP and then need further granularity hence the problem with GEN.

It sounds to me like this is a problem with the custom code, what exactly is not working as expected? Is the check being performed? Where is it happening, before or after the standard checks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as Alex mention , you can restrict access via F_KNA1_GRP Customer: Account Group Authorization

no need to go for custom code as this facility already provided by SAP.

check out this : New Authorization Objects for Customer/Vendor Master Data Ma

Regards,

Satyajit

m_brinkhof
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any solution for the original request?
We have the same requirement: restriction on central data for certain account groups. As F_KNA1_GEN does not have the field KTOKD I asume this is not possible.
Authorizations with one field are just added up, so when F_KNA1_GEN has 01/02 for one account group, and 03 for another, it is just added up with no possiblity to solve this requirement.

Regards,

Marcel