cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to print labels as given in the attachement.

The height and width of each label is dynamic.

Even the number of columns is dynamic.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Tharanggany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

soumik_de2
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Tharanggany Krishnamurthy Meena ,

Please explain it so i can help you.........

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to explain that with more details...

Your screenshot shows labels, which all got the same height and width, just the lines change... that isn't a big deal to develop this.

Also different height or width should not be a problem. What exact do you want to do?

Regards

Florian

PS: Give me a plan to get rich won't result in answers how to get there for real*gg*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Kindly let me know how to achieve this functionality. the screenshot provided has labels with same height and width.

what if i have to have label of height 6 cm and width 8cm with number of columns as 3 by the user.

The Data inside it is a table data. If the number of records in table are 5 then 5 labels should be generated.

What approach should I take to achieve this?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a structure with lines in it ( As much as you want to print in your label )

Include this structure in another ( If you got 6 Labels at one site --> 6 times

Create in your smartforms a template with the proper dimensíons ( Fill the template for the complete page )

create a coding-node right above the template you just created.

In this node you do a read table in every singel structure ( You can use a global variable to achieve this )

Now you just have to surround your template with a loop. To know how many loops you have to do you just have to calculate the times

Example: 8 labels at one size. The user wants to print 10 labels

10 / 8 = 1.25 --> Round always with + --> Result 2 pages.

That means you need 2 loops.

The Read of the table is not a problem, because by developing the form, you know how many labels are at each page, so there will be no problem by using a read table. You also could achieve that by using a do .. enddo, but I don't think that we have to get lost in such nice things here

Regards

Florian