cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best solution is not to deliver any freight units - when using trucks and trailers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afternoon all,

I am having trouble transport planning using separate trucks and trailers in 9.1 and get the message 'Best solution is not to deliver any freight units that can be planned'. Using a single vehicle resource with capacity works no problem. The message also appears instantly even though the optimizer run is set for 60 seconds.

This is the customizing I've performed :-

Defined 2x means of transport

A truck - multiresource (no of = 100), Your Own MTr, No Capcity, GIS Quality

A trailer - Your Own MTr, Passive, GIS Quality

(Why can't a passive MTr be a multiresource?, how do you tell TM how many there are available?)

defined 1x MTr combination using 1 of each MTr from above

defined 2x resources

The truck with location, MTr, factory calendar, zero capacity

The trailer with location, MTr, factory calendar, capacity

defined both new MTrs in the planning cost settings of the planning profile

defined transportation lanes for both MTRs (not sure if I need to do that as I noticed only one for the truck gets sent to the optimizer, unless that is the problem?)

defined both truck and trailer in the capacity selection I am using for the cockpit.

Any suggestions/help you can give me would be a great help.

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create more than on trailer resource (keep an extra 3-4 trailers) and then try.

Once the trailer is consumed then it is no longer available for other planning run  if the dates do not match.

Make sure the lane is from A->B and B->A. (i have seen that the trailers will be moved from B->A( as an empty leg) and then loaded from A then moved to B.

I too faced a similar situation, planning of trailer resources is not good in TM9.0. even the trailer building is not possible in TM9.0, it has to be manual.

with 9.1 , container TU and Railcar TU are available, so hope for the best, that planning is available.

regards

Murugesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help all.

The correct solution was to create transportation lanes not only from A to B but also B to A as Karunamurthy correctly suggested. This is because when defined as passive and active MTrs combination a return leg is generated for the combination.

Thanks again & Kind Regards

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lagoe,

I guess the possible solution can also be one or more of the following -

- Non delivery cost can be maintained very to force a solution.

- Check the duration needed should be within planning period and the Freight unit dates

- Check the geo coordinates and see if they represent correct position.

- Varsha B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

Have you checked the log in RCCF_LOG ? Maybe there you can find a hint about it...

Kind Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo and thanks for your reply,

Yes, I have been checking the RCC_LOG all the time.

Both MTrs are passed in the Vehicles section

the Trailer has capacity

there are MTr costs for both

there is trailer name/capacity

trailer combination

the locations are there

a lane only for the truck (is this right do you know)

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, another possibility is the FU windows, what means the pickup and delivery dates...

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No that looks okay too but thanks for that too.

Okay, not sure if this is the problem or not but looking at the 'trailers' section in the cockpit the 'Number of Individual Resources' is 0. From the documentation there is a lot about if this is set to zero then the system 'thinks' they are infinite or is that only when multiresource is ticked? passive MTrs can't be multiresource, so how do you specify the number resources of a passive resource?

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

I think this is correct, as described in other replies, check if the resources are available, what means, without any FO for the same date.

Rgs, Marcelo Lauria