Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create custom objects in SRM standard content

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on SRM integration, imported the SRM standard content into ESR which have the standard DT/MT/SI.

Can we import or create the custom objects like DT/MT/MM/SI and OM in ESR under SAP standard namespace.

" http://sap.com/xi/SRM/Procurement/Global "

i have to send the data to third-party web-service. so i have to import the target message structure and do the mapping.

can we do this under the standard content?

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think  you can do that by changing the object property in SWCV defination/

uncheck "object are original objects"

But do remember that it's not a good practise or suggestible to edit the standard content. You can copy them into another SWCV and add the custom content to it.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

i don't want to edit anything in standard content.

i just want to import the target structure into standard namespace as external def and create the message mapping/ OM b/w standard DT and the external def.

create service interface for receiver.

so if we uncheck the objects are original objects, we can create them right..

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhargava,

Why you dont create a new software compoent at sld and put dependencies of SRM ?

With this process you can edit, without affect the swcv oficial.

I dont recommend you change the objets of stantard SWCV.

Kind regards,

BR.

Ricardo Viana.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

we have standard proxy to trigger the data from SRM to PI. so if we create new software component, again we have to go for custom proxy program right?

Regards

Bhargava krishna

rhviana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava

you can copy and reuse structure as suggested above , My response was on how to enhance standard content

Can you follow below Article :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942...

You might have to create a new swcv , then create dependency in SLD and regenerate proxy in the backend abap system .

Regards

Srinivas.

Message was edited by: Srinivas S

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Technically you can create object under the standard SAP namespace but it is not good approach. If you update/upgrade the standard content then you can loose your customization in the SWCV.

It is better to copy the object in custom SWCV and use/modify them.

regards,

Harish

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

thanks for the prompt reply..

i tried by doing that, but when im copying the objects are not copying completely.

because the message type is there in one name space and Data type is there in another namespace.

i copied the MT " Purchase order Request" from" http://sap.com/xi/SRM/Procurement/Global "with all Dependent objects but it have the datatypes in "http://sap.com/xi/SRM/Basis/Global.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

you need to copy all the depend object to new swcv namespace.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try using the Transfer designed objects feature? That should be easy? under tools

The function "Transfer Object Versions" has the following uses:

a)  You can transfer objects from one software component version (SWCV) to another, for example, to complete the development of one version (of a release) and start a new version (release transfer)
b)  Transfer objects of a local software component version (SWCV) to a SWCV registered in the System Landscape Directory
Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

i tried by transfer object versions, got the below error.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

yes i tried by checking the copy all dependent objects. go the error which is specified in my above reply.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava - Did you define the namespace before you tarnsferring the objects? Just create the namespaces and then try..

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the below link for transfer object detail

Transferring Design Objects - Managing Services in the Enterprise Services Repository - SAP Library

regards,

Harish

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the 3rd point in Activity status. the namespace name should be same

Activities

Perform the following preparatory steps before executing the release transfer:

1. The new software component version that you want to transfer the objects to must be entered in the System Landscape Directory (SLD). SAP software component versions are imported from PPMS. A customer can create his own software component versions in the System Landscape Directory.

2. Import the new software component version into the ES Repository (see: Importing Software Component Versions).

3. To be able to transfer objects to the imported software component version, you must first assign namespaces to it. The namespaces must have the same names as those namespaces from which you want to transfer the objects.

To actually transfer design objects, proceed as follows:

regards,

Harish