Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in Quality inspection after PCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

My warehouse is linked to QM.

So when i did GR TR/TO are created along with inspection lot.

TR and TO are auto created so i confirm the TO and stock is in BIN.

Now when UD is done + ve and - ve (Q) quant is created in interim storage bin 922 and PCN is created.

when i am converting PCN to TO via LU04 and confirm that TO still the stocks in under quality inspection in LS24.

As per my understanding after TO creation all the stock shud come in bin and without Q status.

Here line 1 and line 3 are not suppose to be come in LS24 .

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yours is a special situation. The TO created based on the UD was not fully processed by the system, thats why you have only one negative quant lying in 922 - PCN area, whereas there should have been a positive quant also. This situation could have come since the system was unable to find the exact quants while processing the TO based on UD. Can you check the status of the PCN number using LU03. Check the status in the field POST CHGE STATUS is T or U?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure how you created this situation, but you can clear it using LT01 to create a TO with movement 999 to transfer the Q quant from HDW to 922

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

I have cleared the above situation by LT01 mov type 999 as you said above.

But in this scenario i have created 3 TO's :

1.For stock putaway(After MIGO and TR)

2.For PCN which is created after UD

3.To clear the quality status from both 922 storage type and from Bin(LT01-999)

So i really need your suggestion on the above scenario.

What is the best practice for this scenario ? Do we really need to create 3 TO's ?

Thank you,

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should only need 2 TO

1 from the TR for putaway and 1 for the posting change

The you have to be sure about your physical scenario.

if you have enough space in the receiving area, then you should wait with the putaway until the quality inspection is completed.  you then process the PCN and after that the putaway.

if you have not enough space in the GR area, then you may need to putaway early, prior to the completion of the inspection.

In such case you move Q-stock to the destination bins.

This is in general no problem if you move the entire quantity to 1 destination bin.

If you later process the PCN, then SAP is able to determine the quant in the destination bin by itself.

But if you putaway into several destination bins, then SAP is not able to find all those quants that belong together. Here you have to manually select the right quants when processing the PCN.

Until here is always just the 2 TOs.

You must have done something wrong when processing this PCN, as it was not completely cleared, maybe not at all. I cannot analyze this case without seeing the PCN in detail, and probably some more screens from other transactions.

So I just gave you a solution to clear this specific situation.

But such situation should be an exception.