cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Duplicating

Former Member
0 Kudos

We moved from MDM 7.1 SP04 to SP10 recently. I duplicated an existing Repository for further testing on the same MDM Server. The user rights all fine, the port setting, maps are all OK, Import Server, Syndicator is all functioning, but the import server does not fetch from the inbound folder! I manually imported the file, but it looks like even the syndication is not working and there is no outbound file (which is picked up by Sterling Integrator).

Can some help? Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rumy,

It is a bit hard to help you without seeing the logs but I suggest the following:

0)First of all check if the MDM paswword is set correctly for MDIS and MDSS: Note 1305633

1)MDIS doesnt pick up the file? Check the Note 1006149

2)If the import files are taken, but they go to Exception folder, you need to check the import log:

Note 1392511

\usr\sap\MDM\MDS00\mdm\distributions\<MDM server_database>\<repository>\Inbound\<Client System>\<Port>\Log . Then search for notes, for SCN entries with the error found in the excpetion log. If you have no success, add the error into this. For further info have a look at the MDM Console Guide -> MDIS -> Exceptions ... SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management (MDM) 7.1 – SAP Help Portal Page

The other log that has to be cheked is the MDIS_Log: :\usr\sap\MDM\MDIS01\log (Find any entry for the time of the issue. MDIS_Log uses GMT)

Regarding Syndicator. Maybe you should post it in a new call. Otherwise this conversation will be too confusing and messy. Or wait and see if solving import helps there too, however there is only a small chance of it.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gàbor

Sorry for the late reply. The problem was indeed with the password in the MDIS and MDSS files. After the modifying the password (in par) with the already existing Repository password, the duplicated Repository worked.

Thanks and best regards

Rumy

Answers (0)