Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product & Software Component version in the SLD

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating a new product and software component in the SLD based on a SAP application like ECC, what do you use for the version?

For example if the company is called DummyCompany and the version of SAP ECC is 610, what would the product look like?

• DummyCompany ECC 610
  • DummyCompany ECC 1.0

Should the version match the version of the product or is it just a starting point like 1.0?

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sharing this guide ,just incase you might need it for your reference .

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40a66d0e-fe5e-2c10-8a85-e418b59ab...

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I managed to find the same guide and came to the conclusion that it is cleaner to use to a Generic version number starting 1.0 for all Software Components and Products.

Best practice is the way to go.

Cheers

Che

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is just a name. In sld we always start the versions from 1.0.

Regards,

Muniyappan

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che -

Should the version match the version of the product or is it just a starting point like 1.0?

No. This is mandatory. Even i go with the verison 1.0

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Che,

I usually start with the version 1.0 because you are doing a new package independently of the PC o SWC that the PI scenario will go to connect. It has more sense to start with a initial version because the PI object is new and the component that it will go to connect can have multiple old versions.

Regards.