cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to Excel from Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Personas launchpad gives easy access to CO line item reports (actuals/commitments for cost centre/internal order/project). Sadly, but not unexpectedly, my users have asked for the ability to export the reports to Excel. I had removed that button, indeed the whole toolbar, from the Personas flavours for those reports. The "export to excel" button - this one - works fine, but the process is quite cumbersome, presumably due to the browser sandboxing of the Silverlight plug-in. And since some of the process is in the browser and not in SAPgui, it can't be scripted. Here's how it looks:

I can't even script the first step in the process - choosing a file format and hitting the "tick" - because the browser pop-ups seem to upset the Personas scripting engine. As soon as I add an action to click the tick, I start getting "timeout" messages.

Is the above process as good as I'm going to be able to get, or is there a way I haven't found yet to simplify it? The transaction here is KSB1, if anybody wants to try

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes you can simplify to the step before clicking "tick" button as it will launch the Personas pop up ("Allow to save file"). So yes, you can possibly simplify till there.

As you mentioned, yes there are some security restrictions imposed on silverlight to access the local file system. BUT, we are currently working on a solution to increase the trust level so that in future (i don't know when currently and if accepted ), you will not see those pop ups and behavior will match that of webgui file upload/download.

Regards,

Sushant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

teejay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The download functionality is not working in Personas 3.0. I am getting the following screen when I click on download to excel button.

I tried putting the file path in the text field, but nothing happens.

I could not find any SAP note related to this issue. Is there anyone else who is facing this issue.

Thanks,

Tarun

0 Kudos

hi tarun,

have you checked the main note 2175479?

There are few notes mentioned over there as "required' for ITS/Basis. Do you have them in your system?

Your issue should go if you implement 1995776. If not then open a message with us.

Regards,

Sushant

teejay
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant,  It worked in IE after implementing 1995776.

In Chrome  its giving the error mentioned in Note 2193141 - ITS UpDown: new popup when java does not run in browser

I will require a support pack update.

Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting the script to work exactly as in the video but no more than that. I would like it so that the script is pressing the green "tick" button in the lower left corner.

Is there a trick to getting this to work that way or is it simply impossible at this stage?