Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC its not a constant value then how to clear MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Could you please resolve below the issue

MIC is not a constant value but how to clear the MIC...in this situation MIC is quantitative MIC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

My Apologies for your time......Please provide your views on below issue....

i created one material related to MIC, but based on the production order my lot quantity will be  changed for same material every month. Due to changes in lot quantity, based on rejection numbers changing , sample size also changing .So now how to create MIC quantitative or Qualitative any one .Please can you explain .

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

MIC creation is not related to Production quantity changes. Simply MIC is a test which QC people will perform to the material ( Out put production lot after rejection as scrap) after goods receipt.

If your problem is how to address the rejection qty with QM means, By the inspection lot Result recording and usage decision we can do that.

How QM people  will do the test of material...Simply with STP's either physical appearance( Qualitative) or measuring( Quantitative) the result with some machines example purity, length etc.

We will address this testings in SAP by creating MIC's.

When you are creating sampling procedure  we will define the procedure... say 100% sample then whatever the production lot quantity will come to inspection all the quantity will tested by MIC What you assigned in the inspection plan.

I mentioned how to create MIC's in above response.

Regards

Kesava

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goverdhan, Well! I explain it. Based on your production quantity your sample size may vary. e.g. for lot of 100, you inspect 10 and for lot of 200 you inspect 15 samples. This is quite normal case.

But I did't understand how come production quantity decides whether MIC should be quantitative or qualitative?

Example,

1. I have material code XYZ for which I inspect below MICs
    1. LENGTH - Quantitative
    2. WIDTH - Quantitative
    3. Damage - Qualitative
  2. Now if production quantity is 100 or 150 or 1000, the parameters will remain same.
  3. Sample size may vary depending upon which sampling procedure you have assigned in inspection plan.
  4. So its you or the concerned user who have to decide what parameters you want to inspect? Sampling procedure takes care to change sampling size as per lot.

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd like to add in what Kesava and Anand has mentioned.

MIC is just a parameter which would be inspected during Quality inspection and thus you define it and assign to a certain material.

Like Anand said, you can enter measuring values in Length and Width, 20mm and 50mm respectively as thus they are quantitative, or Numeric in other terms.

Whereas, for Damage, you'd like to enter either Yes/No, High/Med/Low/ and thus they are qualitative !!

Now coming to your scenario where lot quantity is changing wrt production order. This means, what I understand, that you have one production order every month for a certain quantity.

• Lets say 100 units for January, 150 Units for Feb and against these production order, you get inspection lots with quantities 100 and 150 respectively. i.e. inspection lot quantities.

To calculate sample size, you use applicable sampling procedure (explained well enough already). Besides, you can use Sampling scheme in Sampling procedure.

• In sampling scheme, you can define sample size based on lot size, acceptance and rejection criteria.
  • Later, assign this Scheme to Sampling procedure.
  • This sampling procedure would be assigned to MIC.

This way you can manage your sampling size along with Acceptance and Rejection based on the inspection results.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please can you explain the my client requirement . How to do different sample size in one inspection lot ( manual Inspection ) . based on that how to maintain the sampling procedure, sample scheme and MIC .

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One inspection lot would have one sample size. I'm not aware of multiple sizes for one inspection lot.

Use QDP1 to define the sampling scheme. Further assign this to Sampling procedure through QDV1.

To assign this Sampling procedure to MIC, you need to active the Sampling procedure in the control indicator of MIC. When you go to assign this MIC to Inspection plan, system would ask you to assign SP which can be easily done by using F4 if you don't remember the name.

For more information on the steps, pl search a bit and you would find several documents, thread for this matter.

Pl come up if you find any difficulty in making these settings but first you need to try.

ntn

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

QM master data won't created  depending on your production out put. As material STP (standard testing procedures) and as per validated sampling procedure will be defined for every material.

This will be 100% for some material and 10 % for some material. When sampling your out put comes to picture. The sample % as per your will be defined in QM STP's. Create sampling procedure as per the client. The  MIC creation won't depends on output size.

Regards

Kesava

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quantity of the inspection lot can be used to change the sampling size.  There are two ways to accomplish this.

1) sampling procedures that utilize a sampling scheme.

2) Multiple inspection plans assigned.  Create 2 or more plans.  In the header of the plan you can define minimum and maximum lot sizes.  So for example, create group 1, counter 1 with min. lot size of 0 and maximum lot size of 100.  Group 1, counter 2 could be set for lot size, 101 - 500, counter 3 would be lot size 501 - 1000.  etc. etc.. etc..  Doing it this way allows you to have different characteristics as well as sampling procedures.

Craig

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

I also not clear about your issue...Please post issues with proper details..

But in case you are using or going to create a MIC which is having result non constant.

If non constant means your MIC result values are measuring values like length, purity, then you need to create the quantitative MIC where you can enter the measured value.

If non constant means your MIC result value is decided by appearance and it will be expressed with a different value each time, then create the qualitative by defining code group with possible entry values.

Go through below link you will get idea of MIC ....

Regards

Kesava 

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We just read 1 or 2 text lines and try to guess!!! We should have "Dislike" option here for such vague posts, if it gets 5 or more hits by members, moderator will look into it and delete or notify him to update the original post obviously if he/she judges the same.

This will make person to again re-phrase his original post.

I understand everybody is once a Beginner, but its pretty basic that well structured and well explained post gonna fetch specific and more replies.

Amol.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice thought Amol. This would also help newbies. You should ask Craig sir for this and see what he has to say on this. Then pot it to Idea place 🙂

ntn

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just hit the abuse button and state the reason. The moderators will then take over what you described.

MH

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goverdhan,

You need to specify what exactly you face. Pl come with real issue. As Anand said, you can use F4 to enter value in a qualitative MIC provided a selected set/catalog is assigned to that.

Have you assigned the same to this MIC?

ntn

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sorry Goverdhan, but I did't get you correctly. How to clear the MIC means what? If the MIC is qualitative, then simply enter the reading from pop up menu. You can get the possible entries from pop up (F4-menu).

Anand