Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web-Dispatcher on SAP PI

geetanshi_kakkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I am working in a project where they are planning to use Web-dispatcher for Load balancing in the SAP  PI 7.3 production system ( Dual Stack).

As i am PI consultant and not much idea about the BASIS ( as there is no Basis team in the project) so need your further help on below queries.

1) Client had already installed the Production system so how safe is to install the SAP Web dispatcher after  running the CTC templates in PI production box? or we need to install SAP Web dispatcher before running the CTC templates in PI system?

Please provide any s-note or reference to clear the above confusion.

2) Can we use the multiple Java cluster nodes in single Web-AS ? Please provide any reference for same as well?

3) Also please let me know the best practice( SAP recommends) for installing the SAP Web-Dispatcher in PI Production system?

Currently i can think of these queries if possible provide any further information of SAP Web-dispatcher,Load balancing and reverse proxy.

Thanks in advance.

Rgards

Geetanshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Addition to the above having multiple nodes in PI boost the performance ..as the multiple requests gets processed parallely ,this also depends on the hardware availability...

if it is a production highly recommend to have multiple nodes...

Sap help link is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/b0/ebfa88e9164d26bdf1d21a7ef6fc25/frameset.htm

HTH
Rajesh

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Geetanshi,

The Web Dispatcher can be installed after the CTC wizards etc are executed. There is no requirement to have the Web Dispatcher installed before the PI.

Usually, the Web Dispatcher will be used with a PI High Availability set up. If your PI is set up for a PI High Availability then note 1052984 Process Integration 7.1 - High Availability is very important. This describes the configuration changes required on the PI side.

You can have multiple Java server nodes in a single web-as, this is the norm.

Regards

Mark