Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER unable to customize

Sankar_Aravind
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a role  Z_PI_ APPL_SERV_USER   which is a copy of   SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER   in PI system.

But it is not working when i am trying to connect to web services.

When i assign the actual role (SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER) it is woking fine. But not worrking for Z roles which is SAP Role copy.

Please suggest ASAP.

Thanks,

Sankar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this.

1. Go to the UME and check what UME roles are assigned to SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.

2. Mapped those UME roles you get in step 1 to the newly created custom role   Z_PI_ APPL_SERV_USER.

Though the role is in ABAP side of the system, these sap standard roles have appropriate objects representation in the Java Stack. When creating custom PI/XI SAP standard roles, you also need to copy the objects from it's Java Stack.

Thanks, hope it helps.

Regards,

Santi.

3 REPLIES 3

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this.

1. Go to the UME and check what UME roles are assigned to SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.

2. Mapped those UME roles you get in step 1 to the newly created custom role   Z_PI_ APPL_SERV_USER.

Though the role is in ABAP side of the system, these sap standard roles have appropriate objects representation in the Java Stack. When creating custom PI/XI SAP standard roles, you also need to copy the objects from it's Java Stack.

Thanks, hope it helps.

Regards,

Santi.

0 Kudos

Hi Santi,

Thanks for this useful information.

But how can i move these UME changes to production system ?

Thanks,

Sankar.

0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

The transport should go with this timing:

1. The role Z_PI_ APPL_SERV_USER from dev should go first to QA.This is for that Z custom role will reflect in the UME database though the datasource is R3.

2. The changes you have done in DEV in the UME should then be exported from a certain file and import it to the UME QA system. Not sure on how you handle this on your current company but that should be manage by the Basis team.

Hope this help and again apologies for the late response.

Thanks, Santi