Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Status of SC in workload redistribution and Source rel indicator 'Y'

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am having issues in status of SC in workload redistribution

For example : Below is a table I created  where in few cases approved SC has status as " In process " in workload redistribution and even the Error in transmission and Draft SC have status as " In process" Please can you advise me on below points ?

1. The standard behaviour of status of SC in workload redistribution would be "in process" and "complete"  under what conditions ?

2. Why " Draft " and " Error in transmission" and "Approved " SC should be displayed as in process in the workload redistribution list ?

I also opened an OSS and was told by the support executive that

"Complete status in the workload reassignment is different from the status of the requirement itself, and means that the requirement is not in the sourcing cockpit anymore, this means that the system will display all requirements which are on hold or with a sourcing indicator blank."

3. what is the relevance of Sourcing Rel Indicator ? In my case when a SC is created it was blank but as soon as it was approved the Sourcing Rel indicator was having value as X  Is it the correct behaviour ??

Please guide me with some links where I can check this .. and also need to know is the system working as per the SAP standard ?

SC number

Pur Group

Product cat

Status in Workload redistribution

Status Of SC

Sourcing Rel indicator

Fixed Vendor

S009

In process

Approved

X

No

S005

In process

Approved

X

No

S003

In process

Error in transmission

X

No

S002

In process

Approved

X

No

M08

S005

In process

Awaiting approval

Blank

No

1000000535/1

M08

S002

In process

Awaiting approval

Blank

No

S002

In process

Awaiting approval

Blank

No

S002

Complete

Follow on Doc created

Blank

No

S002

In process

Awaiting approval

Blank

No

S002

In process

Approved

X

No

S017

Completed

Follow on doc created

Blank

No

S007

Completed

Follow on doc created

Blank

No

M08

S009

In process

Awaiting approval

Blank

No

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

I will give you my understanding of it. Please if I am incorrect can someone correct me so I also learn.

Basically I understand:

1. That the workload redistribution "In Process" means there is work for the purchaser to do. Completed means that work has been done and it is in the next stage. So for example a shopping cart comes into the SOCO. It will be in status "In Process". When the RFX is created for this shopping cart it changes to Completed as it is no longer in the sourcing cockpit. If the Shopping cart is removed from the RFX the status will go back to "In Process"

2. With regard to the Release Indicator you need to look at the possible statuses as shown below. The shopping cart shows blank when it is created because it is no relevant for sourcing until it is released. It will the change to X. When you then create an RFX for this SC it will change to M. Once the RFX creates a PO it will change to Y.

I hope this helps ?

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Wesley Thanks I was so waiting for some one to help me on this . I am actually looking for a standard behaviour i.e in my system it happens as below .

SC status           Workload redistribution status      Source Rel Indicator

Approved                In process                                        X

Awaiting approval     In proces                                        Blank

Draft                         In process                                       Blank

Error in transmission      In process                               X

Follow on doc                Completed                               X OR Blank , Y

I am checking this at 2 places .. /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_DOTM_WKL_RES  and /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_AO_WKL

In my system  SC is being sent from SRM to create a PO and not RFx,

Queries :

1. Is it a correct system behaviour that in cases when SC is in draft , Awaiting approval , Approved stages it shows in workload redistribution as " IN PROCESS"  even though the source rel indicator is Blank , Blank and X respectively ..

2.In cases where the SC has status as Draft why should it be seen at all in the workload redistribution list ?

3. What exactly is meant by "relevant for sourcing" Does it mean the SC should have vendor assigned i.e there should be a  Fixed vendor ?

What are the conditions relevant for changing of sourcing flag as X , Y blank etc...

Please include more details if possible I already have an open OSS in this but I strongly feel there is some Gap in standrard SAP which needs to be corrected as code level

Thanks for the help in advance .

Message was edited by: Vinita Kasliwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita

Your questions:

1. I have quickly checked our system and we get the following based on the various status's (we have saved instead of draft?)

SC StatusRedistribution StatusSource REL_INDICATOR
SavedCompletedblank
Awaiting ApprovalCompletedblank
ApprovedIn ProcessX

2.The redistribution allow you to change the purchasing group it is assigned to. If the user assigns it to the incorrect P.Group you can change the Purchasing Group. I do agree though I do not see why you would change the P,Group at draft stage. I think it is just functionality you do not need to use it.

3. When ever there is a change the SC will be validated as to what the status is and change the indicator based on if there needs to be sourcing. I think the only time work needs to be done on a SC is when it is in an X Status. Blank will mean it has not at a point that sourcing should be consider, basically before a release or after the follow on document (a PO has been created), X means that there is no source of supply and one needs to be found. I understand the fixed vendor but do you create PO's against a fixed vendor ? We can only create a PO using a contract or an RFx as a source of supply. So X means we must either assign a contract or create an RFx.  Y would mean that sourcing was done, a contract was assigned to the SC for example and the follow on PO was created.

If these current status changes do not work for your process you would need to look at adding custom code to add extra validations on the sourcing release indicator changes.

Also make sure you are running the jobs to verify and update the status's : BBP_GET STATUS2 and CLEANREQREQUP

Hope this helps. It seems you system is behaving similar to mine.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wesley ,

From my understanding my system behaves in different manner than yours please correct me if I am wrong .

In my case for

Draft and Awaiting approval stages the status in workload redistribution is shown as " In process"

and when it is approved the status is still the same ie "In process "

However the question is the purpose of the workload redistribution screen is to distribute the work and starting from when it gets created and moves to awaiting approval stage...  till when it reaches the Approved stages .. so do you think it is showing me the correct behaviour

From the clients side they expect the SC in draft and Error in transmission SC not to show up

Not sure on how to get this done ..

Also are you aware of any link .. document which can help me understand what the Standard SAP behaviour is to display the SC in workload redistribution list ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vinita - You are correct yours is displaying In Process in Draft and awaiting approval and mine is showing Completed. Just a though what order type are you creating, is it a normal Order to the vendor or is it a Stock Transfer Order?

You can have a look at the following links (surprised they do not outline what the statuses mean though):

1. Workload Distribution - SAP Documentation

2. Workload Redistribution - SAP Documentation

Another Question, when you create your SC does it have a purchasing group ? or does it default this once approved?

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi wesley

I hope I am able to understand correctly . Its a normal SC not a order as shown in workload redistribution tab .

When we create a cart it has the pur group assigned to it and we can change the same through workload redistribution tab . Can you check the class as below :

/SAPSRM/CL_PDO_AO_WKL and in that the method search_requirement ... can you share me what code is written  for draft SC and for error in transmission ?

Line 166 -- Sourcing rel indicator was Y or C

Line 168 -- sourcing rel indicator was X or A

However I see the code doesnt cater to the Source rel indicator being set as Blank .

Please can you check in your system and share some details ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita

I am not sure what else we can look at here to help. Have you heard anything back on OSS?

My code looks the same, and having a quick look at the code we have nothing that deals specifically with error in transmission or for draft.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PLease can some one check this and let me know ?