Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to find communication channel

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP PI Experts,

Today I was monitoring in AE, I came across a RFC communication channel that was in error. I copied its name and tried to search it in ID but I couldn't find it. I got to know that it connects the PI system but I want to know to which other system it connects PI.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Ajeya G V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Check this thread.Your issue is very simillar to this one.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3484343

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

Just an alternative apprach as you are saying you are not able to find the cc in ID.

Do one things:-Go to ID,check for Configuration scenario and there you will see both receiver and sender agreement just check whether channel is mentioned in that or not.

If still you are not able to see just go to histrory,click the last update see if someone by mistake have deleted it.

Regards,

Abhi

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

There are more than 50-60 scenarios listed there. Can't go through all of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need to go to all the scenario. Just check the receiver determination/receiver agreement you are using. Check the receiver agreement, Communication channel will be maintained in it. Double click on it will direct to the communication channel.

Regards,

Reema

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

That's the problem. I got to know there is an error channel while monitoring, but how do I found the configuration scenario name so that I can get to its sender or receiver agreements ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeya,

In TA: SXMB_ADMIN -->Integration Engine Configuration check, the PI system should be maintained.

Under Monitor for Processed XML Messages, check if any message is recorded. Here you can find your system details.

Execute transaction SXMB_IFR this will launch the browser. You can find the PI system name in the URL.Select Integration Builder, Search for the communication channel in this.

I think it will be present here.

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeya,

This should not be the case.

Please search the channel in our ID using the "Find" option and be sure that you have not given any spaces in your search criteria..

Thanks,

Kalyan

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked Kalyan. It doesn't exist. Is there any possibilty that since it is a channel connecting RFC destination, we will find it somewhere else ?

- Ajeya

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ajeya,

Have you tried to respect the uppercase and lowercase characters or are you using '*' to make a wider search?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ajeya,

If you are able to see the communication channel in the CC Monitoring then you should be able to see it in ID also, as the configuration for the channel is done in ID.

I am not sure why you are not able to see the channel there.

Still, click on the channel in CC monitoring and see the service associated with it.

Check for the service in the ID and then you will find the channel enlisted under it.

Thanks,

Kalyan

ajeyagv
Participant
0 Kudos

The service name says it is the INTEGRATION_SERVICE_(PI system name).