cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple components in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am facing one challenge in Billing as my customer provide space for containers storage and when they raise invoice to customer they consider three things Container Quantity, Number of Days and rate for one container per day. Kindly find example below.

Container Qty, Number of Days, Rate per one container per day, Net Value

20                           15                           10                                                           3000

(20 X 15 X 10) = 3000

How to map all these details in pricing procedure.

Kindly guide.

Regards,

Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shantanu,

Pl provide some more details in understanding your issue..

what is Container---whether this material has been created by your client itself or by your customer?

(IMP Note:some times your customer also be your vendor and you will supply these goods directly from his place to required Destination--But called as customer in Business words)

I was little confused why Order related Billing here as Suggested By Mr lakshmipathi?

(In Order related billing--There is no Physical presence of Stock--But not in this case)

If this material has been kept at your customers location--any charges he is making on your Client?

If the Material Created By Your client itself and has to be charged-you can very well follow Container as material--Days as BUM and Price as you feel(10Rs)...As suggested By Lakshmipathiji..

Pl Reply on my Queries...

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shantanu,

In the sales order, at item level, create a new field in Tab Additional data B. This field shall contain the no. of days.

Further, make this field as mandatory, with the help of incompletion log.

The material is 20 Feet container.

The price condition type is ZPR0

In the pricing condition record, give the price for 1 unit = rate per day e.g. 10 (10 USD per day)

In the pricing procedure, make ZPR0 as statistical.

and ZNET = ZPR0 * no. of days

The calculation of ZNET can be done with the help of a routine, in Alt cal type, in your pricing procedure.

In sales order, give material and qty (20 containers)

In custom field = 15 days

Thus your net price would be calculated automatically, i.e. price = 20*price per day = 20*10 = 200

200 multiplied by 15 = 3000 USD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I presume Container quantity is nothing but the quantity of your client's customer material loaded and your client is raising order related billing for the service rendered to their customer.  I also presume, rate per container per day is fixed.

So your pricing procedure can be

100:::PR00:::Basic Price
110:::ZCON:::Container Qty:::100

Basic Price is nothing but Container per day charges.  So your material code can be Day-1, Day-2 etc.,  Now your condition record would be Day-1 =  10.00.  If condition record for ZCON can be maintained, you can maintain; else, this can be manual so that users can key in the quantity based on which, system will fetch the value. Try and update here.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi,

I am bit confused in mapping your suggestion as here my customer provides space for container storage and service provided by client is considered as a service material like "20 Feet Container" and in our scenario Customer has kept 20 containers for 15 Days and for 1 container for 1 day rate is 10.

So can you explain me in more detail.

Regards,

Shantanu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, have your procedure as follows:-

100:::PR00:::Basic Price
110:::ZCON:::Container qty:::

Here let ZCON be manual condition type.  So your PR00 condition record would be 10.00

Now as per your original post, if you see the condition tab of sale order, it would be

PR00    15 (No.of days) multipled by 10 =     150.00
ZCON    20 (contnr qty)                              2850.00 (user has to key in manually)

The above proposal is based on the assumption that your material base unit of measure is DAY

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your solution is not a good one!

It helps in exercising the mind and revisiting the fundamental concepts.

1. The material is not days, the material is the container (e.g. 20 feet container) - The company is "selling" - giving containers on hire. (and not days)

2. How did you calculate ZCON value?

3. If user has to manually calculate and then key in ZCON value, that can lead to mistakes and errors.

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW Typewriter

The material is not days, the material is the container

I have also not said the no.of days is not a material code but had clearly indicated 20' container only.

How did you calculate ZCON

Please see my original comments quoted within brackets

Certain things in order to keep the SAP process simple, I feel, certainly, one can follow whatever I had suggested.  Yes of course, initial teething problem would be there with the users and only by educating them, this can be very well be addressed. rather.

Still if the business feels no manual intervention should be there, then the only option is going for user exits or routines

Last but not least, on your comments,

I think your solution is not a good one

you are certainly welcome to share some other alternate good solution

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

For me, it was not clear what you had suggested as material. Based on reading your posts, and below comment, I understood that it is not "20 feet container"

So your material code can be Day-1, Day-2 etc., 

About the value of ZCON, you say it shall be given manually by the user. But how does user come to that amount?

Further, I have suggested something, kindly give your comments on it.

Thanks!

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Consider the service contract type MV. See the print file SALES ( SD-SLS ) in link http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/SDSLS/SDSLS.pdf

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo