Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Part II document Before MIGO Cancellation

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Greeting for the day!!!

We have issue at our project where once a MIGO has been done against a PO Part I entries get automatically generated, for Part II entries

we use T-code J1IEX.

Now lets say if for some reason MIGO was wrongfully done & it needs to be reversed, we have to also cancel Part II entry separately.

The business wants a report which when schedule periodically will list all those material doc which has been reversed but for that Part II entries cancellation hasn't been done.

Can't this check be put in A BADI while doing MIGO cancellation itself.

Your suggestion are welcome.

Best Regards.

Priyesh Shah.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check in report S_P7D_67000366

0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

The issue at hand is not the development of Z-Report but whether which Business Functionality is correct .

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to develop a zreport,

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

The issue at hand is not the development of Z-Report but whether which Business Functionality is correct .

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

0 Kudos

If you cancel Migo document only part 1 is cancelled but you need to cancel part 2 also which is standard practice in sap. As per your discussion you require a report which part 2 is not cancelled against mat doc. Client may have problem in cancelling part 2 when part 1 is cancelled that's why they asking for report which they can cancel by the end of month.

Another problem by cancelling only part1 and again doing gr for that same invoice here excise invoice number which vendor as given cannot be put in excise invoice place since you already inputted the invoice it will give you error message.

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I knew that once a MIGO Doc with Part 1 is reversed Part 2 Entries also need to be cancelled.

I am asking whether if end user reverses MIGO Doc should we go give him a Error message / warning message in a BADI / User Exit stating that part 2 entries also needs to be cancelled.

Here the customer process is that they are Cancelling MIGO Doc 1st & then Cancelling Part2 Doc.

(In some case they even forget to cancel Part 2 Entry).

Here the issue is for which process is correct & not the development of Z-Report.

( The Z- Report Needs to be developed for finding out only those Mat Doc for which there is a reversed MIGO Doc having Part 2 entry not cancelled )

Kindly define which process is correct.

Let the customer cancel the MIGO & then do Part2 Reversal.

or Stop Cancellation of MIGO if Part2 is there until & unless Part2 is not cancelled.

Best Regard

Priyesh Shah

0 Kudos

Fine...

i am asking whether if end user reverses MIGO Doc should we go give him a Error message / warning message in a BADI / User Exit stating that part 2 entries also needs to be cancelled.

1.for this you need to use badi sit with abaper do like this after part1 is cancelled the doc status of excise will be in process here if they do migo for same invoice your input will be po,from po you can check material doc in which shows status of excise is in process here you need to trigger a message that part 2 in not cancelled  for particular po line item.

2. You trigger a message after part1 is cancelled.(Part2 need to b cancelled)

3. you can develop zreport for part2 not cancelled, Create a BDC/BAPI for J1IEX let the input be vendor internal excise number for cancellation .

Kindly define which process is correct.

Process is correct what you have told to client.

Stop Doing of Migo without cancellation of  Part2 is there until & unless Part2 is not cancelled.

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

It was kind of you to reply early, thanks for your inputs & suggestion

I am SAP ABAP Consultant & had developed the said report. But as far as the process is concerned

my Proj.Mgr seems to differ on your suggestion.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

0 Kudos

What is your pm point of view can you tell me.

0 Kudos

If you have not yet posted the Excise invoice then the Status should be "In Process" Once you post the excise invoice in J1IEX the status changes to P "Posted".

Similarly, When you cancel the Material document for any Excisable Material, through MIGO transaction the status should be "In Process" and once you cancel the Excise invoice in J1IEX then status changes to "B" Canceled.

I can understand your requirement that users forget to Cancel the excise invoice through J1IEX after canceling the Material document most of the times. But, here user descepline is required. Anyways you would have a separate user who deals with Excise transactions. You should educate the Excise users about the Cancellation processes for J1IEX as well J1IH transactions.

Just run the below cycles and see what you observe in J1I7 Report.

1) Post the Material document with excise part 1 and Post part 2 separately in J1IEX.

2) Cancel the Material document with MIGO transaction. Post the Excise invoice in J1IEX and Cancel it subsequently.

Now run the J1I7 report and see whether report fulfill your requirement. If not, Copy J1I7 program and have modified according to your requirement.