cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

【SD: Quotation】Question about the overall status and Reference status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear everyone

I am testing the functionalities of quotations in SAP.

So, I created a quotation of the document type (AG), and created a sales order, using the following menu.

<Menu>

Create with  Reference

Since the the sales order quantities and the quotation quantities are the same, I thought that the following status will be set to

"completed" or "fully referenced".

<Statuses>

1. Overall status (both header level and item level)

2. Reference status (both header level and item level)

However, they are still set to "Open" and "Not referenced".

I'm not sure why this is happenning. Would you help me on this?

Now, the settings in my system is the following.

<Copy control>

AG ---> TA

<header level>

Complete reference is ON.

<Item category for AGN>

Completing rule is set to B.

Kind regards,

Takashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Check copy control settings between quotation and order for the relevant item category. Ensure you maintain + sign in pos./neg. qty. This will give complete status to quotation after full qty in quotation has been referenced in to sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM-san and Karuna-san

Thank you very much for your help!

Yes, as you pointed out, the "Pos./neg. quantity" field is set to empty in my copy control setting.

I will change that setting, and check the result later.

I will reply to you when I finish checking.

Anyhow thank you both for your kind help.

I really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Takashi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi

This is the reason why we emphasize that we shouldn't gamble with standard settings. OR and QT are standard documents and copy control also maintained in standard then how this field got changed

Anyways I am sure that this is the reason and you will get your result after making this change.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, MoazzaM-san.

Well, actually I'm not the one who changed this setting.

It can be either a person who worked before I joined the company or some IT person in overseas offices...

Anyhow,  I will check the result later, and hopefully this problem will go away with this change

Kind regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Karuna-san and MoazzaM-san

I was just able to check that changing "Pos./neg. quantity" did the job!

Thank you again for your help!

I hope you have a nice weekend over there

Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi,

Glad your issue is resolved. You too have a nice weekend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MoazzaM-san

Thank you very much for your swift help!

However, changing the completion rule to 'A' did not change the situation in my case...

I think, the main reason for my problem is coming from the fact that the Reference status of my quotations never change even when I create sales orders with "Create with Reference" menu.

It could be something to do with the way I created those sales orders.

Would you possibly tell me how we can create sales orders with reference to quotations, so that Reference status of quotations get changed?

Kind regards

Takashi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I didn't share the link with you to ask you to change completion rule from B to A I shared that just to show you copy control settings in VTAA.

QT and OR are standard documents and copy control is also maintained in standard. There is no special way to create sale order in order to update status in quotation. Just create quotation with 10 quantity and create order in VA01 by clicking on create with reference button and copying quotation which you created with 10 quantity.

Now if it is A or B the status in quotation should get updated accordingly.

Make sure you have not changed any routine or any other settings. Confirm that item level settings are same as shown in my screenshots which I shared in that link.

Thank$

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

AG means QT and TA means OR. So you are creating OR order type w.r.t to QT quotation and these are standard documents so there is preconfigured copy control for these two documents. You don't need to change any configuration and it will work fine as I just tested it.

Yesterday I answered a similar question and you can take help from this link in which I shared the screenshots. You need same these settings for your system.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3488872

Thank$