cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Number range for different document type in SAP SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using SAP SRM 7.01. I need to create different number range for different document type which should reflect in creation of follow-on document.

While creation of follow-on document, there should be different number range for different document type. So I have defined the number range for follow on document in "Define Number Range for shopping cart and follow-on document".

Now I need to define the backend system for follow-on document in "Define Number range per backend system for follow-on document". Here I can define only PO number range for one logical system but I need to define more than one.

How should I go for it?

System throws error if I define same system more than once.

Help is appreciated.

Regards,

Ankita Bhagat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

Not sure what is the reason for the different PO types and numbers but if you are looking at creating different PO types and their associated number in one backend system, you can use BADI BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI to put in the logic. This is so that the system knows when to use which PO type, etc. This BADI is for an extended classic scenario.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Ivy Li and Siow Fong for your response.

I understood that standard SRM provide only single number range and so I have to enhance this, as our clients wants this functionality. I will check if I could use the badi "BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI" for this enhancement.

Regards,

Ankita Bhagat

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ankita,

BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI can only be used for extended classic scenario for PO document type.

So for other documents, it doesn't work well.

Best regards,

Ivy

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

You can define serveral number ranges for PO in 'Define Number Ranges for Shopping Carts and Follow-on Documents'. For example:

P0 3000000000 3199999999 (for purchase orders in backend 1)

P1 3200000000 3399999999 (for purchase orders in backend 2)

P2 3400000000 3599999999 (for purchase orders in backend 3)

Then in 'Define Number Ranges per Backend System for Follow-on Documents', you can define them by assigning different backend systems:

backend 1   P0

backend 2   P1

backend 3   P2

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thank you for the reply.

But I have only one backend system and various number range. I donot have multiple backend system as backend1, 2 or so on. So could you please suggest how to define various number range to one backend system.

Regards,

Ankita Bhagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivy,

Thank you for the reply.

But I have only one backend system and various number range. I donot have multiple backend system as backend1, 2 or so on. So could you please suggest how to define various number range to one backend system.

Regards,

Ankita Bhagat

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

you cannot maintain multiple number ranges for one backend system, and I am afraid that only one of them can be set as internal or external number range. Our system only allow one internal number range and one external number.

This is sensible, because system has to find out the right number range to determine the document number.

You may also refer to trx BUC2 which will define internal and external number ranges for business partner and only one selection is allowed.

Best regards,

Ivy