cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP connection error - Exception received: 2: pwd failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SFTP sender/receiver channel to connect to our vendor but it is failing with error "Exception received: 2 pwd failed".

I am using username/password for authentication on vendor system.

To make sure that my user credentials are working I am creating connection with Core FTP tool also. With the same user/password connection is established in Core FTP and I am able to upload and download the files to/from vendor. This doesn't seem to be authorization and authentication issue.

Please let me know how can I resolved the issue?

Thanks,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish - I don't think pwd refers to password here. Instead i believe Present Working Directory command.

May be when you connect through core FTP, that tool might not be issuing the PWD command where as PI channel might be trying to execute that command.

Can you check if that user has access to execute 'pwd' command on the root(home) directory?

Also may be you can enable XPI inspector for this channel to see if it logs some additional information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It do runs PWD command when running from Core FTP tool. unfortunately I don't have XPI inspector installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the problem is with the connection of SFTP server from PI.

Login to your PI system and then from there try to see that the user can access the directory in the sFTP server.Take the help from Basis team if necessary.