cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TO for delivery LT03

neil_peltier
Participant
0 Kudos

Have a question regarding creation of OBD STO. PO is created for material to transfer to plant, without a batch. When the OBD is generated this flows through and then using LT03 to create the TO from the supplying plant, can you set this to fail (LT03) if only stock available is in blocked stock? Current situation is TO is generated and then you cannot pick against the TO as no stock is available. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you want an outbound delivery even if no stock is available, but you want restrict the TO creation if there is no available stock, did I understand this correctly?

neil_peltier
Participant
0 Kudos

I know the process is backwards as there is never a reservation on the batch until the time of picking which I do not feel is correct. Lets assume at the time of PO creation there was unrestricted stock, so with OBD there was also stock. Now before going to LT03, say QA found something wrong and moved the product to blocked. Now going to LT03 to create the TO for OBD could we trigger a warning or error due to no stock?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know such situations too. we used to create the delivery early and then it sometimes happens that the report for SLED check posts the stock into a different status, or the lab manager blocks a batch because of a customer complaint.

We only implemented an organizational solution, the lab manager will in both cases inform a couple people, among them the planner and shipping manager. The planner checks if this block affects existing orders/deliveries and has to take action that new material is procured/manufactured. The shipping manager takes care about the deliveries and gets in contact with the CSRs so that customers get informed early.

neil_peltier
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Jurgen, so there really is nothing we can do systematically then. It will fail when you try to pick as well, showing that there are no stocks available for picking. Thank you.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not the last resort. We just did not find anything and it were to few cases to invest in more research and eventually development.

neil_peltier
Participant
0 Kudos

I know you are not the last resort, but you are the only reply so far. I would rather not consider a development as it is too few to consider I feel as well.

S0016143308
Participant
0 Kudos

Is anyone on an SAP customer engagement initiative for SCM LE?

This very same scenario is one we could benefit from also, but don't have a need to spend the time and effort for a custom development.