cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update material in SRM when alternate UOM added in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC 6.04

SRM 7.01   SP 10  Extended Classic

We have a situation where a material has existed in SRM for some time.  An alternate UOM has been added to the material in ECC but the alternate UOM has not been replicated in SRM.  How do we get the alternate UOM on the material in SRM.   We have tried to use COMMPR01 in SRM but it will not allow us to update the alternate UOM.  Changing the material in ECC did not update the alternate UOM.

Thanks

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

I don't want to do R3AS as that is labeled Initial Load.   All we want to do is update one material not start all over with an initial load.   If this transaction can be used for individual materials, I would like to better understand how to do that because the selection screen does not indicate anything other than an intial load.

Thanks

Sandra

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

R3AS does not just do initial load. It also does delta load. If you run SM30 on table CRMRFCPAR in the ERP system, you can find the settings related to that (load type). Check your settings in there to make sure that delta changes are going through.

It is not clear whether your test is based on any existing material or not. So, one way to verify whether the alternative UoM is coming through at all is to create a new material in the ERP system with alternative UoMs. If it does come through, then may be it is the delta replication that is not working and this can be due to the settings in your system.

Regards

SF

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siow Please can you elaborate on how to do this as I also need to flow only delta changes to my system related to UOM Please advise on the missing information below

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

I found some instructions on this site so you may want to have a look:

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tip/How-to-replicate-a-material-master-from-R-3-to-SRM

In regards to the actual settings for delta changes, you can do something like this:

Hope it helps.

Regards

SF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses.  We did run R3AS and discovered it was failing on another material and therefore not updating any material after it failed.   Once the failed material was fixed the subsequent updates worked as expected.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Pls award suitable point if my suggestion worked for you. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Try to repeat the step R3AS. sometimes the changes done in ECC are not replicated to SRM.

Best Regard,

Anil