cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Your User ID for the SAP Service Marketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello i would like to request a customer number because i would like to make a registration for user id for the sap service marketplace!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You'll need an S User ID to login to SAP Service Marketplace: these are issued to SAP customers and partners only. An S User ID can be used to login to other SAP sites, such as SCN.

Register and request a user.

From

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kostas,

visit service.sap.com and proceed with Register link in top right corner area.

cheers

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks but when i proceed with registration it ask me Customer or Installation Number and i dont have this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kostas,

You may be out of luck here. You see an S-User Id is assigned to an SAP user based on a particular SAP installation. Perhaps you can do without an S-User Id based on your requirement. The Internet is full of information and one can find a lot of information without an S-user. If you are trying to get into service.sap.com, then you definitely need the Id and I am not sure if anyone can help you here. One of the reason is that SAP demands a domain-based e-mail address where the actual installation is. The e-mail is sent to that e-mail address and from there one can activate the account. So it is fairly tight process.

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Sincerely,

Amrit

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well yes, you need to be in some kind of relation with SAP in order to get an account to SMP (service market place). If you are not working for company which is customer of SAP neither for some partner company then you can apply for SAP certification. After successfully passing certification you will be granted by S* user which is authorized e.g. to browse on SAP Notes available on SMP and access other content on the same.

cheers

m./