cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW51 - how to change field status in Notification header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I might be posting this one in the wrong space (QM) because it is a PM issue but I could not find the correct space to drop this question.

QM notifications might work in the same way as PM notifications!?

I have the following problema at hand:

When I creéate a Service notification via IW51, I put the Not.Type (TL) and on <ENTER> SAP shows me the first screen.

In this screen, the header text field in not ready for input! I want this field (VIQMEL-QMTXT) to be open or ready for input, but only for this Notification Type (= TL)!

In the PM config I could find, for Not.Type TL that header screen H700 is invoked with extensions:  10\TAB01 and 10\TAB06.

I have the idea that in this part I might be able to manipulate the field status but I do not know where H700, 10\TAB01 and 10\TAB06 are configured.

Can anyone help me out on this one?

Thanks,

Aart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aart,

Few years back (May be 2-3) Plant Maintenance forum name was changed to Enterprise Asset Management. I don't know the exact reason!!!

http://scn.sap.com/community/eam

Ok, Lets talk about your query, I strongly think you know where to make VIQMEL-QMTXT field Input, Hide, Display or Required field. (you can do it through OQM1) but you want this field as an Input only for TL notification type.

I don't think you can configure H700 or other subscreen. But you could try user exit QQMA0001 -QM/PM/SM: User Subscreen for Notification Header to develop custom screen.

Amol.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aart,

Under standard condition the short text field is always open for all the notification types. Do you have any screen variant to supress this field or you have configuration in place for this? If it's through configuration then you can open it with the configuration settings in T code OIAL.

Then click on 'Influencing'.

In the next screen double click on 'Notification type'.

Then in the next screen enter your notification type against contents & locate your desired field as shown & set the indicator as per your requirement. If it's display then change it to 'Input' & the field will be open for input.

Do note that if you have suppress this filed through screen variant then you need to disable that first & then make these settings for desired notification types.

Hope this helps.

Mangesh S