Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embargo set up per region

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Need your help on Embargo - the original set up needs to be changed. 

Originally the set up was to have 1 legal regulation, valid for all FTO’s/global. We need to change this now.

Every FTO needs have the option to add embargo countries to the initial standard list.

Unfortunately my set up does not work. When I create sales orders, the documents are blocking for ALL FTO’s, not just the one
where I need it to block.

The message in the log says “There is no partial embargo for country pair “US”-“SO”

I have detailed out my set up below - tried to be as complete as possible so it's a lot of info....

Looking forward to your smart ideas!

Thanks, Corinne

Initial legal regulation was:

EMBUN               This is was the original Set up with Import/export check on Cntrygr_AL – choice 3 Import Arrival and Export Dispatch

And I have set up 2 new legal regulations in /SAPSLL/SAPLLEG_LGR

EMBNA (for departure US and CA) and EMBNZ (for departure NZ). Both copied with EMBUN as reference.

I have not touched “Define determination procedure for active legal regulations”        SAPSLL/SAPLLEG_DLRG  

Original set up was LEEMB.  Determination strategy is ALGR01 – Determine legal regulations at country level. No partner groups filled out.

Then went into Activate legal regulation”  /SAPSLL/SAPLEMB_ALRG   I clicked on Embun and Country and removed US, CA and NZ. What’s left are FTO’s already set up but not yet active:

I clicked on EMBNZ and click on Country. Add NZ  as country and select 3 on Export and Import:

Idem for EMBNA: click on EMBNA, click on country and add countries US and CA. Select check 3 for import and export

Then I updated “Control settings for “Embargo check” service”  /SAPSLL/SAPLLCE_CUS     Just copied the partner groups as set up for
EMBUN to EMBNA and EMBNZ:

That’s all for the config part in SPRO. Then went into the regular GTS userinterface.

First I activated the Embargo flag for the concerned  countries in “Maintain country-specific information”  /SAPSLL/CNTRY

And finally I assigned the countries to the legal regulation via  Legal Regulation/Country of Destination. - /SAPSLL/CCCTRY  
Linking the Embargo countries to the Legal regulation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

It's not enough just to assign the countries for which you are recording an embargo; you also have to list the ones for which there is NOT an embargo.

That's to say, you must make an entry for every country that you will deal with, and for each (double-click the entry) specify whether or not an embargo is in place, and the corresponding date validity.  I wonder if you have missed that step?

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

You mean in  “Maintain country-specific information”  /SAPSLL/CNTRY? If so: all countries are indeed set up. In my description above I just referred to the activation of the Embargo flag for countries like Cuba, Somalia etc. The other countries I have not touched. So they are in that table with a validity data, without the Embargo flag.

thanks!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Yes, that's what I meant.

Reading your post again, maybe you've misunderstood the functionality?  You have a choice regarding the level at which the embargo is applied; can be:

• Anything sent to that destination country, or
  • Anything sent to that destination country under that Legal Regulation, or
  • Anything sent .. under that Legal Regulation, from that departure country

Those are the 3 transactions (one under the other) starting with "Maintain Country-Specific Information".

But, if I'm reading you correctly, you have set embargos on ALL of the destination countries in the first step.  In that case, the system ignores the second and third steps.

Please let me know if that's the problem - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am aiming for the second option: sent to that destination country under that legal regulation.

In my user interface however I don't see 3 transactions starting with "Maintain".. Here's a screen shot:

So in the top one I flagged those about 15 countries for Embargo and haven't touched the rest of them. And in the middle on I have added those countries to the legal regulation. E.g. for NA:

So am I using the wrong transaction for the latter?

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Sorry for not being totally clear.  Yes, those are the 3 Transactions (wish I could learn how to make nice screen-shots!).

You want to use the second Transaction - control by Legal Reg. / Destination country.  So your entries there are fine.  But you should not also have the entries in the first Transaction, since those over-ride the second (as far as I know).  Please remove those 15 entries, and try again with the transaction.

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip. Getting closer but not completely there. Actually I tried what you suggested, but I had only removed the embargo on Somalia. Following your tip, I have now removed all the embargoes, and the result is better.

We have now US/CA/AU order that don't get blocked = ok. The message in the log seems a bit odd to me, but guess that must be a translation issue. Instead of ... EMBNA by country SO I would expect it to says .... EMBNA for countr SO. But the main thing is: no block

And the NZ document did get blocked, but here there is still something missing.

The document is blocked, but I have green lights on the EMBNZ check - with a similar message as in the US doc. The block comes from a check on legal regulation NZCS - and there's a partner function missing.

1) I have set my embargo countries up against EMBNZ - should I be setting them up against NZCS instead? Or both maybe?

2) Where would I need to enter that partner function?

Thanks in advance once again!

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

And something to add: I tested raising a NZ sales order for country GB - it blocked....   So not quite there yet.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

Good to see that my last answer was helpful.

It seems like the embargo checking is now working fine.  I'm not sure what Legal Regulation NZCS represents, or why you want further embargo checking carried out.  Perhaps you should simply de-activate embargo checking for that Legal Regulation? - IMGpath: Compliance Management > Embargo Check > Activate Legal Regulations.

If you think you need to keep the embargo check for NZCS, please explain why.

Regards,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

This is getting quite a conversation . I appreciate your help very much. We are not there yet I'm afraid.

The NZCS was indeed activated - not purposely. So I have de-activated it now and subsequently tested the main combination of sales orders:

NZ to SO / GB / CU --> none of them got blocked. SO and CU should have.

US to SO / GB / CU --> none of them got blocked. CU should have.

So basically nothing is blocking at the moment.

For US that was already the case yesterday - I was happy that SO was not blocking but turned out nothing blocked.

For NZ: yesterday I was happy because SO blocked, but turned out also GB was blocking. And now, with removing that NZCS, nothing is blocking.

Hope you have more tips!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corrine,

Have you flagged the embargo indicator for EMBNZ,EMBUS with SO, CU?

. Can you please share the screenshot of that. You will have to double click each entry and flag it for embargo.

Thanks

Dhilipan

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dhiliphan

This was indeed the missing link! I was not unawere of the doubleclick step that needed to be done. And now everything is running smooth!

Thanks to Dave for the persistency in helping me, and thanks to Dhilipan for the final missing link!!

Finished now just in time before the weekend

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Corinne,

I thought we'd covered that point earlier in the discussion?  Still, the main thing is that we got your system working as required - phew!

If possible, please mark the thread as "answered", in case others want to refer to it.

Have a great weekend,

Dave

corinne_stevens
Participant
0 Kudos

I will, thanks!

Answers (0)