cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Credit Limit Check Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expertsI have a problem with automatic credit check.

Here is my situation:

PreNote: - We are not using delivery. Sales order --> SD invoice --> Accounting Document.

- We do not want calculate limit via open SD documents (open orders or billing documents), only FI documents will be taken into consideration.

- I have already searched the forum for the solution

I have customized automatic credit control and everything looks good.

Open items check and oldest open item are working as expected: they give error when creating order and do not allow user to create order.

Problem is that:

Assume:

A customer limit is defined as as 5000 MAD in FD32.

And credit limit used is 4000 MAD.

If  I create an order with 3000 MAD, system allows user to save the document and transfer the total to accounting (even credit limit used amount (4000 MAD) and the order amount which user is created (3000 MAD) exceeds the total limit (5000).

What should I do to stop user to create an order, if (credit limit used + order amount) is exceeding the limit defined in FD33.

Note:

As I described; system allows user and the limit used for the customer is 7000 MAD while credit limit of the customer is still 5000 MAD.

System does not allow us to create another sales order as expected.

This is my OVA8 screen is it helps.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baris,

pls change the update group to 000018 and check whether its coming correct or not,

000018 checks open order value + due amount after billing.

Update group 000018:

a) Sales orders: it increases open delivery value

b) Billing document: it reduces open delivery value and increases open billing document value

Otherwise go for simple credit check .

regards

Prasad

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baris,

1st document created until accounting document for 4000Mad

2nd document when you are creating sales order for 3000MAD system doesn't block the document because there isno update group assigned to your credit control area correspondingly which was  not copied to OVA8, which means no sales document value gets updated into FD32 hence still system shows only 4000MAD in FD33, Even though 2nd sales order is saved for 3000MAD.

Now you create invoice for the 2nd order then after accounting document gets generate  this 3000MAD also gets updated inFD32

Now you create for 3rd sales order system automatically block the order. System shows" static credit heck: credit limit exceeded can not be saved"

Thanks

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu;

I have changed the update group to 12 - Open order value on time axis, delivery and bill.doct value

Still no luck.

Let me clarify:

I do not need to check credit due to open sales orders or open billing document. Only on FI documents basis , (FBL5N open items value total for the customer) That's why I left the update group blank.

In my previous example;

first 4000 MAD was not an open sales order. It was already transferred to accounting and already affect the fd32 screen.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baris,

I have changed the update group to 12 - Open order value on time axis, delivery and bill.doct value

If you assign 12 as the update group it would definitely block the sales order when the sales order exceeding the given credit limit, i have checked in my system of your scenario, it is blocking the order, system is giving the error message "static credit limit exceeded"

Make sure that in OVA8 open order field is marked against Static check.

And also check whether credit active field is marked the item category or not if it is blank, make sure that it is marked.

In my previous example;

first 4000 MAD was not an open sales order. It was already transferred to accounting and already affect the fd32 screen.

If you observe my previous reply even  i have mentioned very clearly 1st document created until accounting document generated with 4000MAD hence system updated into FD32. If it was open sales order system would not update into FD32 based on your setting.

I told it for 2nd document was created with 3000MAS which was open sales order.

Please check once again and let me know still if you are facing the problem?

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu;

Thanks for your answer. Sales order type and item type all marked for credit check.

Customization looks OK. But may be there is a problem with pricing procedure.

There was no line with Subtotal value "A" in the pricing procedure.

I have added the bottom line.

Can you please take a look if this procedure looks OK?

Thanks for your help.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baris,

This looks fine but did you try after assigning the subtotal A in PP?

item type all marked for credit check.

I assume the above item type in nothing but Item category in your openion, if not please check the credit active field in the relevant item category in VOV7.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

I tried after assinging the subtotal. Still no luck.

VOV7 is OK as well as VOV8.

I think I will use user-exit if you don't have any suggestions.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Baris,

Don't know why in your case it is not working, no need to go for user exit, because i have tested in my IDES system of your scenario.

Check once again with new customer, the same process what you have done it for your current customer.

Last but not the least, check once again.

1.Make sure that update group is copied to OVA8 and open order field is checked in OVA8.

2.Make sure that correct payer is maintained in FD32, with correct risk category.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Baris,

before that pls conform whether it is static or dynamic, As per ur screen shot you mentioned as static but you maintained data for horizon .

Pls note : For Static please put tick mark in open orders and open deleveries, As per your statement there will be no delivery , so dont put tick mark in open deliveries.

If it is Dynamic put tick mark in open orders and open deleveries and also maintained horizon period.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad;

I have maintained static check. There is a month value in the dynamic check line, but it is not active since dynamic check is passive.

Moreover I have tried to put a tick mark in open orders but it did not change anything.

Regards