cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle and Linux installation - error (DB_SID) not specified.

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one question, I try to install new SAP (ERP ECC 6.0) and Oracle instance (11.2.0.3) on the one server – Linux SUSE11. First able I try to install Oracle DB, and all the time I have error, I don`t know why, when I run ./RUNINSTALLER or ./RUNINSTALLER_CHECK, I see error - <DB_SID> is not specified, Set DB_SID in the environment.

Bellow information what I did:

I created folder /oracle/<SID>/and subfolders – 112_64, 11202, 11203, 11204, stage

I created user ora<SID> wit full access to the system

I changed permission to the oracle folder – chmod –R 777 oracle

I copied installation files (fromOSS) to the folder /oracle/<SID>/stage/database/SAP – and from these place I try to run installer ./RUNINSTALLER

And of course I have still error - - <DB_SID>is not specified, Set DB_SID in the environment.

What should I do, or where is the problem? Howcan I create DB_SID.

Regards,

T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor

Hello

What should I do, or where is the problem? Howcan I create DB_SID.

You can set the variable temporarily

su - orasid

setenv DB_SID SID

Change the SID with the correct SID of the system

if I want to  create homogeus system copy(ORACLE + LINUX), I will also run normally SAP installation using SAPINST, then install Oracle, and then restore oracle DB ?

You need to first set up the target system (install SAP and Oracle) and then restore the database from the source system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you follow the installation guide then it will clear your doubt.

in UNIX you have to fist start the SAP installation and then in between installation will request you to install the database.

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I found SAP note about Oracle installation 1524205, but I can`t find them information about DB_SID.

In LINUX SUSE also I have to first run SAP installation?

Regards,

T.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

On any unix platform you need to install SAP first using SAPINST. SAPinst will prompt you to install database software.

During this prompt you may perform ORacle installation and apply relevant patches.

Post this you may resume the SAP installation

Hope this helps

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

OK., thanks for your help 

Next question, if I want to  create homogeus system copy(ORACLE + LINUX), I will also run normally SAP installation using SAPINST, then install Oracle, and then restore oracle DB ?
So far I did it only on Windows/MS SQL.

Regards,
T.