Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code to call for saving the data in WDC - DPR_PROJECT_VIEW

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have enhanced the view of standard component DPR_DET_DATA_PROJECT_O and added my custom fields. Now I need to save that fields in my local Ztable.

I know it is a FPM OIF component and tried to check the method process_event in WDC(DPR_PROJECT_VIEW).

I tried to debug and ofcourse the method process_event is being triggered at clicking on SAVE button, but still not able to get the logic as where they are calling the table to save the data.

Now my requirement is I need to save my custom fields in ztable, in the same place where the standard view data is being called to save the entries in SAP table.

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramakrishnan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

Please check ON_SAVE_REQUEST method in component controller of DPR_PROJECT_STRUCTURE WD component and SAVE_TO_BACKEND method in CL_DPR_UI_CHANGE_MANAGER class.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Aliaksandr.

With Regards,

Ramakrishnan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

Needed one clarification . Is only your Z fields not saved or else the standard data is also not saved?

I had a similar error in which the Z fields which were added on the UI were not saved. In that case I tried find out where the data was being actually saved n checked whether the Z fields are updated at that point or not.

If yes then it will be reflected in the database.

If not then, in my case there was one flag to be set for the there is some data change is happened which was to be set. When the flag was checked it saved data.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Sanket

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanket,

Thanks for your reply, guess you have misunderstood the requirement.

I'm updating the zfields in my ztable. So thought of handling the codes in the same place where the standard sap entries is being updated.

As per Aliaksandr's comments, am handling my save logic in SAVE_TO_BACKEND method of CL_DPR_UI_CHANGE_MANAGER class.

BR,

Ramakrishnan.