cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable Fusions DTR service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Web Dynpro Java DC created in Track NWDI 7.3.

I want to know if it's possible to disable Fusion DTR service in NWDS 7.3 or NWDI, so I can work on files that belong to one logical development object together other user.

I would like to disable the automatic Fusion.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think it is good idea to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

we are some developers, therefore we need to work with the same component controller.

Regards.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is advisable to do it one developer at a time to avoid inconsistent check-ins.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is a disadvantage compared to the previous version.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is always going to be a disadvantage. Because, if everyone has checked out the DC and are working on the same simaltaneously, eventually, all of them are going to check-in their own version of the component.

This will surely create inconsistencies in the DC itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant,

I have worked simultaneously in the same component when we had v.6.40 and we had never a inconsistencie in our DC.

I thank your answer.

Regards.

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not necessary that it will always give inconsistencies. If you take necessary precautions, then there would be no problems. I am just saying that its not a good practice to do that.

If you and your colleague are working on the same component of the DC and you make respective changes in the code. When both of you check-in your activities, each of you is going to check-in your own version of that component. This does not necessarily mean that there willl be inconsistency but if the same piece of code is changed by both of you without sync with latest changes, there will be problems.

Just be careful. You dont want this during development.

All the best.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with fusion, two developer cannot checkout same component?

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

two developer can checkout same component but any  developer can checkin and release the request that time other developer doing changes will be reflecting.so that's why one by one checkout and checkin is best things