cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed bin - Maximum capacity issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using fixed bin  putaway strategy for our warehouse.

Suppose Max bin capacity = 100 defined in material master for Bin XYZ

And current Bin XYZ stock = 60

I have selected "Add to stock " in storage type control.

Now when i am doing a GR for 100 units all 100 unit are going to spill over area .

We are expecting the system to place 40 units in Bin XYZ and remaining 60 units in spill over area.

Due to which we are unable to make use of proper bin optimization.

How can we achieve this ? please help me out..

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP never splits a single pallet by its own.

it needs palletization information in the WM2 view, then based on that information it tries to move the material.  if you define palletization with e.g. 10 units, then you would get 10 items in a TO, and SAP would fill up your bin to the maximum and move the rest to another bin.

But with a single item in a TO, SAP will check only with the given item quantity for capacity  and 100 do not fit into a bin which has  just capacity for 40.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

So what you suggest for this ?

So there is no way out for this requirement ?

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how do you get physically 40 into that bin?

either because you have several pallets with a total of 100 but did not metion this in your material master

or because you break the receipt quantities yourself.

And this you can do in SAP too, In the TO you have the option to add the pallettization yourself, and after you hit enter SAP will distribute the quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

As you said in"TO you have option to add the palletization "

But this will happen if we make use of SUM which we are not using.

Also we are using auto TO creation process so there is no question of TO quantity getting distributed.

So now what is the best solution for this issue ?

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This pallettization function is not limited to SUM.

But it desperately need to make SAP do what you want.

You did not answer my question what you do physically with that goods receipt.

Is it just one unit of 100 and you break it apart? Or does the material already come in smaller parts

no matter if it is the first case or the second you have to tell it to SAP, and this is done with pallettization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

We don't use any pallet or box it is the loose item which needs to put in bin as per it max capacity.

So now i want that 40 in bin and 60 pcs in spill over area in auto to creation.

It is not fix upto 40 suppose i there is 350 stock and max capacity = 360

And we rececive 100 then it should put 10 into bin and 90 to spill over area .

So what setting will do this.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you know how much you can still put into the bin?

How do you do this physically?

I bet if you do the processes in WM like in reality, then you wont have this issue.

You have to understand the TO is an instruction to a worker to do something. Assume this worker has an IQ of 10.  If you tell him to put 100 into a bin that can only take 40, then you can be lucky if he comes back to tell you that this is not possible.

You are the master, you have to decide what the other has to do for you, and the other (SAP) needs clear instructions.

As already mentioned, SAP does not split TOs according to the bins that could be potentially filled up.

It uses the quantity in the TO and searches for a bin where the whole item quantity fits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

I understand what you want to say.

But please understand my requirement .

I want system to monitor i.e we have received 100 IQ(loose) and it is in  floor.

While TO creation i want system to fill the 10 IQ in bin and 90 IQ in spillover area.

So is this possible so that accordingly physical activity will carried out.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to search for a user exit which can be used to do the capacity check at an earlier time and based on the result you need to split the items