cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not appearing as HTML - Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm using the mail package in a receiver mail adapter. During mapping I format the content in HTML format, using &lt; &gt; form < and >. Also I set the content type of the mail package to text/html. However when the mail is received, the content of the mail is the html with tags, it does not appear as an html page. When I see the source the file still has the escape characters instead of < and >. But when I save this as an html file and open it, it appears as a web page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Let me know which version/patch level you use.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

you need use messge transform bean by default XI sends only XML. so inur module processor use messagetransfrom bean and speific to convert into HTML.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreeram, do you have more details of this?

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following link may give some idea

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/02/23/xi-dynamic-name-in-the-mail-attachment--pseudo-variable-substitution

https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001186732005E/HowToConveModuleJMS.pdf

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/01/12/xi-triggering-e-mails-with-multiple-attachments--problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

see the suitable link to configure the messagetransformation bean

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

See the below links

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I did not explain the problem clearly. The content of my mail is as follows:

<html>

<body>

</html>

</body>

But when I right click and see the source it appears as follows:

&lt;html&gt;

&lt;body&gt;

The content type of the mail already appears as HTML. I think something has to be done so that when the &lt; &gt; shall be replaced by < and > before giving the content to the mail client. Is there any bean or any process which does this?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

even the browser takes in a different way.

I typed [Ambersand lt;] but it appeared as <

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Specify whether you want to encode the content of the e-mail message. You have the following options:

· None

· base64 (default value)

· quoted-printable

use quoted-printable

Coding of characters in e-mails that are not contained in the ASCII character set.

The code contains German umlauts and special characters

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Message was edited by:

Chandra Sekhar Chilla