Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text boxes in Screen Personas

tbroek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Of course you can add a text box to your own flavor. But what if I want to copy a long text to a new text box. So far I'm only able to add a one line text box. Any options to make this a multiline text box?

Kind regards

twan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I copy multiline text from a standard field and paste into a custom field and it works as expected. Just drag out the new text field so that it is big enough. One thing I don't know how to do is get a scroll bar on the custom field. It does scroll if you have a wheel mouse, magic mouse, or scrolling track pad on a laptop. But without a visible scroll bar that's not necessarily obvious!

Steve.

tbroek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply.

Hmm didn't work for me.

• Copied text is put in the middle of the box, whereas I'd like to see it on top of the box.
  • It only copied the first line of the long text

Scenario:

I want to retrieve the material sales text (long text element, crossing multiple lines) and display that on another screen.

Kind regards

twan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I get the vertical centering effect also. My case is copying the long description for a service notification (IW53) and pasting it into a custom field in service order display (IW33). It does copy all the text, including line breaks in the right places. See the end of this blog - - for an example.

I can't connect to a system at the moment to check - is the sales text on a material one of those formatted text fields that might revert in BDC mode to a SAPScript-style editor with lots of separate fields one for each line? It might be that you're getting the BDC version presented to the Personas script, and that's why you only get the first line?

I'll test this out myself when I get a chance - can you post a screenshot of the place you're trying to copy from, just so I look at the right thing?

Steve.

tbroek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Guess I'm experiencing what you described, in the back this text is stored line per line and displayed in the good old text editor. Didn't think that after all those years I re-enter the world of BDC issues

About your example: did you just record the transaction and double click the text field? Or did you apply some magic to get it pasted into your own field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, Personas scripts are just BDC sessions in disguise .

I just recorded the transaction and clicked in the field, and then changed the "Focus" into "Copy Value" in the editor afterwards. Nothing magic. But I don't think it is the same sort of text field in IW53, so I don't get the line by line editor behind the scenes.

So I guess we need the help of or to figure out how to copy all the sales text from MM03. Any suggestions guys?

Steve.

tbroek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your swift replies Steve - you rock!

0 Kudos

Hi twan,

I just tried copying from "texteditor' and i can copy the contents using copy value.

You are referring to the same control. Right?

Regards,

Sushant

Answers (0)