Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit memo req gets an error "No customer master data exist"

shabbeer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Greetings..!

I am finding complected issue and unable to fix the bug..!

User has created Quote->Sales order-> Delivery->Invoice. Now user wants to create Debit memo request with reference to sales order not with Invoice.

When user try creating a DR with reference to order, he gets the error "NO CUSTOMER MASTER DATA EXIST FOR THE SOLD TO PARTY"

I had checked customer master data and it is already exist. copy controls also maintained.

Here i am attaching error log along with copy controls screen.

I would required your suggestion to fix this issue ASAP.

Regards

Shabeer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

shabbeer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

Apologies in delayed response, Issue has been resolved.

issue is related Copy controls :-

We had extended our investigation and found that the issue is with copy controls routine. When I check the foreground of copy controls settings in SAP between ZOR to DR, there are different copying routine maintained instead of correct routine, because of this wrong copying routine customer master is missing while creating debit memo request.

Data Transfer routine as 002 (Partner Item) but it suppose to be 001 (Partner Header).

Thanks for your support, it means a lot.

Regards

Shabbeer

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shabbeer,

Please do the below tests:

1. Create a debit memo request without referring to any document, with this customer (SP)?

Any error in this case?

2. Create debit memo request with reference to a sales order with a different SP. What is the result?

shabbeer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello TW,

Let me do some test and will come to you with out put

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir--"""Now in the above scenario, what will happen if you raise a debit memo request referencing the order?  Obviously, system will debit the customer wrongly. """

why it will become wrong debit? Sorry i did not catch you sir--can you little elaborate...

may be you mean to say only PGId but not invoiced--right sir.

But we are missing the parent issue...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to ask in what circumstances, we can generate debit note.

Predominently, it would be

1. Invoice under priced wrongly
  2. Price Increase with retrospective date

So coming to your query, already for 50 nos, customer would have debited for some amount.  Again if you raise a debit memo referencing the original sale order, system will again debit for 100 nos. instead of 50 nos.  So the basic process itself will go wrong.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir-Finally caught you.

Normally aware that When business is at loss will create Debit Memo---But thank you sir for giving complete info on debit memo including Retroactive Billing.

But why there is an issue in basic price (Which is the origin of Debit Memo).

Any way we can change the Quantity too while creating Debit Memo request with respect to Parent sales order.

Thanks for sharing your Expertise.

Again we are missing the Parent Thread.

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

I understand your advise about referring billing document, to create a credit memo or debit memo request! and would recommend the same.

But I would not say that creating it with reference to sales order is wrong.

In SAP, in copy control VTAA, OR > CR and OR > DR both are given as standard configuration. Further, in SAP study material, it is said that credit memo request can be created from order, billing document.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now user wants to create Debit memo request with reference to sales order not with Invoice.

Apart from your issue, please let me know how you want the system to behave if the scenario is like this.

Sale Order quantity     100

PGId and Invoice qty     50

Now in the above scenario, what will happen if you raise a debit memo request referencing the order?  Obviously, system will debit the customer wrongly.  Not the Best Practice and hence, try to convince the client that Debit Memo Request or Debit Memo should always be created against the parent billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi

shabbeer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathy,

Sales order qty has 2 materials code and fully delivered & Invoiced. we are in the process of convincing the client and letting them know the best practice is to create Debit memo req with ref Invoice. but now we want to know why this customer master data error exists when we create DR with ref Order?

Kindly advice..!

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

that error message must be interpretend as "No customer master data exist for Sold-to-party ' ' "

so in the copy control during the creation of the DR the system is determining "blank" as Sold-to-party.

This can happen if among the partners of the invoice the partner function "Sold-to-party" is missing.

Best regards,

Andrea

shabbeer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

Thanks for swift response..!

Could you please let me know what needs to be done here. I had attached copy controls in my original post..!

Anticipating your reply

Regards

Shabeer

shabbeer1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea/Experts,

Could you let me know the possible way to fix this bug..!

Awaiting your favorable reply

Reg

Shabeer