Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Billing , how to set up invoice in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Help, give me solution

Business case

we have rental machine currently invoiced manually not in sap, we cannot trace orders but machines are in stock

we want them to be assigned in asset (FI)stock so we can bill them at the end of month

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi

Rental contracts with periodic billing may suffice your requirement. To include the machine in stock as Asset, consult with MM-FI team.

Regards

Niladri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry,the requirement is not clear.

As per my understanding from the above query,you have to implement billing plan and use periodic billing if you want to generate invoices at regular intervals for the service which has been used.

Please maintain billing block at each line item of the billing plan.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply , I can explain further

I need a solution to set up rental machines billing process through sap (SD Side) Please explain what is best solution and configuration

2nd.ON FI side we have to assign machines to asset class but question is , is it best to raise invoice in SD or FI (just need to clear the concept

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can explore the usage of service contracts for billing the rental on machines.

This will involve configuring the creation of service contracts using T-code VA41 and then your invoicing will be done periodically using VF01 or the corresponding billing batch jobs.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Ravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, , you are right

I have 2nd question

I have business process

• Business Objective 1: No more Carrier invoices detailed check to be done by Sales Administration Department by subcontracting this business to an external company like CP(3rd party) and by using automatic files transfer out (delivery note) and in (Carrier invoices)

I know there is a interface at 2 stages I need to know how should I start writing functional spec for, At the moment all the work is done by local sales admin staff. so where I should start on this as I am new to SD

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Haroon,

Writing an FS is not a generic process. Am sure this has been discussed in the forum before but its basically a document explaining to the ABAPer the logic to develop/ modify programs to achieve the desired functionality.

You need to understand the technicalities of your system landscape. Work with the ABAP team to see what the interfaces do exactly. Functionality, types of data carried etc etc.

Then you need to map any new fields and provide the logic on how to achieve the result specific to your clients requirement.

Thanks,

Ravin

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haroon,

In the FI side you have some tcodes availables (ABAON and so on). See note 1659124 - Error Message AA316 or AA317 during Partial Retirement for further details, but you are telling us, they are rental machines. In the other hand, you can invoice them with FI (tcodes FB70).

Although I have my doubt,s, I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry your requirement is not clear.  If at all, you want to bill a material, you need to follow SD process for which all configuration should be in place.  If you want to raise an invoice via FI, please let me know so that I will move this thread to FI forum.

G. Lakshmipathi